Splatoon

Author Topic: Splatoon  (Read 163336 times)

Splattershot Jr is pretty support-y too
Not the weapon itself, but the special it comes loaded with
The regular one has shield which affects everyone near you, while the custom has echolocation which shows locations of enemies to your team mates

And yet I'm pretty consistently top scorer and quite often 10+ kills
it's because you use the splattershot jr.... you aint special either it's a rare occasion that im not the highest scorer

I'm loving the implied "easy mode weapon" argument here
It's just kids not accepting they got killed by the first weapon because they consider it inferior, so they cry and call it overpowered instead
Everything has its weaknesses, and splat Jr is no exception. I've encountered plenty of people who know my weaknesses, and know how to use them against me. I can fight splat jrs just fine myself, because I know it's weaknesses and how to exploit them
get good

The gun itself has a fairly short range, and pretty much anyone will destroy me if I'm stuck out in the open. It's damage isn't that high either, nor is it's accuracy

You can run away and outrun the bubble. Surprisingly few people do this, even when they're surrounded by their own ink. They just kinda...stand there and take it...

Even if your can't damage me, ink will still block/push me back. If you have a weapon with a longer range and I don't have something to go around and ambush you, then I simply can't kill you. I have to run away or I'll get killed by the longer range weapon once my shield ends. I've even been pushed off walls and into water.

If you want to cry about the invincibility, then cry about the kraken. Same invincibility, except you're a much faster moving squid that insta kills everything you touch. All I've got with bubbler is a pretty short range weapon that takes several hits to kill

Or here's something that annoys me: take an inkstrike to Splat Zone. Now use it to capture the point from halfway across the map where there's little I can do about it
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 05:54:33 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

Currently level 18, .94 gal for LIFE

Or here's something that annoys me: take an inkstrike to Splat Zone. Now use it to capture the point from halfway across the map where there's little I can do about it
You can still shoot into the inkstrike explosion, it doesn't act as a barrier for ink.

If you want to cry about the invincibility, then cry about the kraken. Same invincibility, except you're a much faster moving squid that insta kills everything you touch. All I've got with bubbler is a pretty short range weapon that takes several hits to kill
in technicality you have to jump to land a killing hit on an opponent but otherwise it is quite powerful
it is also a melee-esque weapon of sorts, as you can only land a kill by touch
an enemy inkling could hide and swim away from the kraken if they're quick enough
you can still die by falling into the water n stuff too

You can still shoot into the inkstrike explosion, it doesn't act as a barrier for ink.
I'm not talking about barriers

in technicality you have to jump to land a killing hit on an opponent but otherwise it is quite powerful
it is also a melee-esque weapon of sorts, as you can only land a kill by touch
an enemy inkling could hide and swim away from the kraken if they're quick enough
you can still die by falling into the water n stuff too
all of those points are either the same as the bubbler, easier than the bubbler, or don't matter cuz you're invincible
I'm not complaining about it tho. my point is
If you want to cry about the invincibility [of the bubbler], then cry about the kraken.

you know it's a good game when there's already people calling one thing overpowered and easy and then the next day calling something else overpowered and easy

does anyone know when you get the splat launcher or whatever it's called? the one that shoots bombs

o jesus i just posted in 3 different threads

« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 01:30:28 AM by Emgiell »

does anyone know when you get the splat launcher or whatever it's called? the one that shoots bombs
are you talking about this? because it requires a skulllovingly high level of 9
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 09:43:31 AM by Cybertails1998 »

you know it's a good game when there's already people calling one thing overpowered and easy and then the next day calling something else overpowered and easy
I'm not calling anything overpowered, as I said everything had it's disadvantages. All I'm saying is "if you're going to complain about x, you should take a look at y"

are you talking about this? because it requires a skull-lovingly high level of 9
9 isn't even halfway to the cap. I got to 10 on the 2nd only playing pretty casually, like a couple hours a day

I'm not calling anything overpowered, as I said everything had it's disadvantages. All I'm saying is "if you're going to complain about x, you should take a look at y"
i was talking about the other guys but ok
are you talking about this? because it requires a skulllovingly high level of 9
yeah that's it, thanks

Damn, those city-scape backgrounds on the online matches have me itching to get out there.

Damn it Nintendo, why not have an open world online and story mode using match locations to build up a city? I would love to forget around in a massive GTA style city as a squid.

I would love to forget around in a massive GTA style city as a squid.
loving
yes
make this

i wonder if the voices and text are all an actual language?? wouldn't that be rad to know they made an entire language for this game
i'd learn it too