Need to know good anime

Author Topic: Need to know good anime  (Read 9601 times)

Wolf Children (Movie), Wagaya no Oinari-sama, Spice and Wolf, Loveless, there are more than enough animes in this thread to keep you going for a week.

the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya
I am now 5 episodes in (looking for another source for ep6 (although haven't actually tried yet) as mine is broken for ep6), and it is weird and has some mystery in it, but not quite spooky.
I get that it is building up though, and I am not far in, and I may see more spooky stuff soon. I will definitely be keeping up with it though.
So far I think most of the content has been the moe time-traveller girl being loveually harrassed by Haruhi, for the most part lol.

Are there any other anime that are perhaps closer in theme to Ghost Stories (although obviously not with the jokey obscene dubbing lol) or even like the X-Files?
I guess I just want your regular ghost/demon defeating serial of stories.

sword are online
oh well you better turn them offline before anything dangerous happens

avatar the last airbender and the legend of korra

paranoia agent, psycho pass, when they cry, and maybe ghost in the shell in a bit of a different way are what come to mind for me

i'm loving dead

no can do

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Elfen Lied (don't remember if it's dubbed or not)
Deathnote
Cowboy Bebop

avatar the last airbender and the legend of korra
I really enjoyed ATLA, Korra a bit less so (but haven't seen itall).
Are they typically considered anime? They're drawn in that style and have a lot of asian themes, but they are a western production. How are they generally viewed? Asking out of curiosity, not to cause arguments.

Also thank you Taboo. I'll give those a look.

Are they typically considered anime? They're drawn in that style and have a lot of asian themes, but they are a western production. How are they generally viewed? Asking out of curiosity, not to cause arguments.
They're not anime, but the designs are definitively anime inspired. (imo)
What haven't you seen of LOK? Like, what season(s) have you not fully seen?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 11:47:45 PM by John Freeman »

Also thank you Taboo. I'll give those a look.
yeah its considered an anime, its just a western one
i mean you could even call spongebob an anime seeing as anime pretty much means cartoon

They're not anime, but the designs are definitively anime inspired. (imo)
What haven't you seen of LOK?
Everything bar season 1. I watched all of ATLA on Amazon Prime Video, but they only had the first season of LOK. I wasn't quite hooked enough to look elsewhere. I think it's because it was split into small branches of story, like the Amon/equalists story, rather than a continuous story as in Airbender.

Everything bar season 1. I watched all of ATLA on Amazon Prime Video, but they only had the first season of LOK. I wasn't quite hooked enough to look elsewhere. I think it's because it was split into small branches of story, like the Amon/equalists story, rather than a continuous story as in Airbender.
I really liked season 1, although I haven't seen it since it aired. God I hated having to wait a week for new episodes. Season 2 wasn't that good imo, and I stopped watching after that.

Then I binged both season 3 and 4 in 2 days a few months ago, by god it was worth it. You really should finish LOK, I loved it so much.

absolutely disgusting

motherforgeter you're always recommending gundam 00, eat stuff and explode

context: gundam unicorn is actually good, gundam 00 is problematic but enjoyable (first season) and gutter trash (second season, movie)

also unicorn's dub is better than 00's
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 12:01:21 AM by ChexGuy331 »