Author Topic: apparently you can turn people's iPhones off with a text  (Read 1549 times)

send the following to someone with an iPhone 5S:
effective.
Power
لُلُصّبُلُلصّبُررً ॣ ॣh ॣ ॣ

it should make it go to the apple logo if the glitch exists on their version of iOS
what the forget
so far works in iOS 8.2 and 8.3, and I think it needs to be unlocked to work (not jail broken, just have the passcode entered) and they need to receive it in drop-down notification form, they can't be on imessage
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 07:18:02 AM by -Setro- »

Why would you expose this to us

i'm almost certain this is the second time setro has found some serious bug about a common device and decided it's best to post it on the forums.
great job setro.

i'm almost certain this is the second time setro has found some serious bug about a common device and decided it's best to post it on the forums.
great job setro.
heh

"Hey look, a bug that can cause serious damages! Let's post it on BLF! tHEY'LL LOVE ME EVEN MORE THAN THEY ALREADY DO"

well then don't do it
I mean it's not like this isn't already on the news and popular on the Internet already (it is)
also the bug fix is to upgrade to latest firmware afaik
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 07:24:35 AM by -Setro- »

Considering most of us here are probably already android or WP users, it shouldnt bother us. Apple phones are pieces of crap anyway. I cant even begin to tell you how many times my sister has had to get her expensive iPhones replaced just cause the screen gets cracked to oblivion from being dropped just once. Meanwhile i have had my galaxy s3 for years without any issues. Dropped it tons of times with virtually no damage.

it crashes steam mobile when you look at it

Considering most of us here are probably already android or WP users, it shouldnt bother us. Apple phones are pieces of crap anyway. I cant even begin to tell you how many times my sister has had to get her expensive iPhones replaced just cause the screen gets cracked to oblivion from being dropped just once. Meanwhile i have had my galaxy s3 for years without any issues. Dropped it tons of times with virtually no damage.
brother this ain't an phone war thread
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 07:30:40 AM by Maxwell. »

and here we go

well then don't do it
I mean it's not like this isn't already on the news and popular on the Internet already (it is)
That still doesn't mean you should loving post it

People saying "don't post it" are idiots. Just ignore them.

Certainly an interesting exploit. If you were the one to find it, you should try and let Apple Support know, and if they're the same lazy cunts they always are, hit it up on Reddit.

You used to be able to crash peoples either xbox original or ps2 if you plugged in a keyboard and sent them a message full of _________'s on tony hawk underground.

great job setro.

"FOUND" is a difficult word to use.

Because this guy found it 16 hours earlier.

It doesn't make my phone shut off but when you copy it in a chat it causes iMessage to crash. Also if you send it to yourself in the messages app, it crashes when you try to view it. Which can be fixed when you send a pic to whoever sent it to you like in the reddit link.

Your sister is a loving handicap then. I've dropped all my iPhones I've owned more times I can count on my fingers and toes and only ONCE has one of them had a problem, and it wasn't even my fault that it for flung onto the ground. Hell, the glass of the screen didn't even break, it was a slight tear on the inside screen.

And no, "most of us" is a wrong assumption.