Author Topic: Multiple Sclerosis Day - Spread Awareness  (Read 1353 times)

Nah I agree with raising awareness. If people generally don't know or care about something it tends to be shoved to the back.

MS is pretty common but there are rarer diseases with little to no support because people just don't know about them so there's no demand for treatment.
you seem to think that people knowing about them makes a significant difference. i really don't think it does. i bet most people only contribute to causes regarding this sort of thing when asked about it when buying something. you know, "thanks for shopping with us, and would you like to donate to X cause to help with Y research?", and you either say "wow, i didn't know about that, here." or "oh i know about that, here.". either way you're probably just as likely to donate, usually because it's polite to do so when in a public setting like that.

Even if it doesn't, it's nice to show that you care by spreading awareness.

I can grantee anyone with multiple sclerosis would appreciate people doing so.

However, I still retain my own opinion that it does make a difference. It's the only reason we all know about Multiple Sclerosis today.

May is BPD awareness month
Lmao ya it's a shame no one here sympthaizes with you.

Lmao ya it's a shame no one here sympthaizes with you.
prolly cuz there aint no Thai's on here

prolly cuz there aint no Thai's on here
No it's cause you're literally a joke of a human being and your presence is really starting to stink up the forums

This place is already enough of a low-life stuffhole for it to even matter any more.

but this is something that is fairly commonplace knowledge that everyone knows about.
I doubt that.
I would imagine there are a lot of people, particularly on this forum, who aren't all that aware of MS.
And if they are, I'm sure there are plenty who only know it exists, but don't know what causes it, what the effects of it are, how it's cared for and more.

Promoting awareness of medical conditions is a good thing.
It's not just about raising money for charities for research/care, although that is a part of it.
It's raising awareness for the symptoms of diseases, so that people can identify them and get them diagnosed. It's to prevent the spread of misinformation, which can prove harmful or sometimes fatal depending on the condition at hand.

And it's also a means of gathering support, financial included, but also emotional, for those suffering and their friends and families who also struggle with caring for someone with the disease.

Another fact about MS:

The cause of it is yet unknown, but research has revealed a few risk factors:
  • Being aged 15-60
  • Women are twice as likely as men to develop it
  • Family history
  • Smokers are more likely to develop it
  • Living in temperate climates

No it's cause you're literally a joke of a human being and your presence is really starting to stink up the forums