Author Topic: I have a question.  (Read 2182 times)

This is not a trollpost, nor is it a complaint.

Now, I happened to stroll by this lovely topic:

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=279514.0

I noticed Donnies' shenanigans and thought, hey, surely if I post this:

[IMG ]http://i.imgur.com/VArjUrT.jpg[/img]

On this:

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=279609.new#new

Which mentions this:

Which was related to what I posted, then surely I won't be banned for a week!

Here comes the question:

Is there hidden rule regarding posting memes?

yeah, it's a stuffpost which is stupid and unrelated to the topic

yeah, it's a stuffpost which is stupid and unrelated to the topic
and no, it's not a hidden rule, it's called think before you post

and no, it's not a hidden rule, it's called think before you post

I mean no disrespect, but please do not assume that I know what a stuffpost is exactly, and please do not talk to me as if I am some sort of idiot.

I did think before I posted.  I used that particular image because "aliens" was used in the original post.  Also, nothing specifically serious was being said, so why should I start anything serious?

Could you explain what involves making a stuffpost?  If you do it without any smart-ass remarks, that would help me to avoid accidental stuffposting, and thus make everyone happier in general.

Thank you.

Could you explain what involves making a stuffpost?  If you do it without any smart-ass remarks, that would help me to avoid accidental stuffposting, and thus make everyone happier in general.

Thank you.
stuffposing is when you post for the sake of posting, these posts most likely have little to no thought in them
what you wanted to do was post that alien picture for laughs, but because you posted it without context it looked stupid and not related to the topic so people assumed you were posting for the sake of posting

stuffposing is when you post for the sake of posting, these posts most likely have little to no thought in them
what you wanted to do was post that alien picture for laughs, but because you posted it without context it looked stupid and not related to the topic so people assumed you were posting for the sake of posting

Oh right.  Thank you, that clears things up a bit.

So if I were to put context (not idiotic) into it, it would not be regarded as a stuffpost so readily?

So if I were to put context (not idiotic) into it, it would not be regarded as a stuffpost so readily?
It wouldn't be a stuffpost, but posting memes un-ironically isn't really something that stirs a laugh for you, but more at you.

yeah, if you quoted the part in the op about aliens and then posted the meme
but you'd still get stuff from forum users over it because it's still barely adding anything to the discussion at all

It wouldn't be a stuffpost, but posting memes un-ironically isn't really something that stirs a laugh for you, but more at you.
yeah, if you quoted the part in the op about aliens and then posted the meme
but you'd still get stuff from forum users over it because it's still barely adding anything to the discussion at all

I now know exactly what to do before using a meme image.

Thanks for the tips guys, I will take good note of them.

Locking...

You can't lock drama, sorry.

You can't lock drama, sorry.

Dah, I thought you could...

Oh well.  Thanks Ipquarx, I will keep that in mind next time.

stuffposing is when you post for the sake of posting

This is wrong, its not stuffposting. He just failed at making a joke and there is no harm done