Autobahn - Showing his true colors.

Author Topic: Autobahn - Showing his true colors.  (Read 12040 times)

I.......what has happened to Blockland these days........

For some people, it takes a very short time for change. Some take longer than others. It's called being a human. Look at my posts prior to May. I was a dipstuff, an idiot, nobody likes me. Now here I am, different, not an autistic forget who will blindly defend anyone without both parties giving an explanation. I'm not defending anyone right now (intentionally), I'm just telling you people take time to change.

Yes. But there is a difference for being told in some depth of what you are doing wrong and HOW to change and not. But JoeJack was told how to change. He was told what he was doing wrong. When I was told these things I changed within a matter of days. Not to mention he literally brushed them off when we told him about it.

JoeJack was given seceral chances to improve and in the end, he left by himself.

You still dont get it.

I dont two flying stuffs about him using the server content. Its the fact that he stole it in the first place, and then cussed a kid out over steam. Instead of admitting he was wrong, he says it was for the greater good or some stuff while simultaneously trying to find any justification he can.

What was stopping you from making your own instead of stealing it? Would it have been too hard to make your own? From what auto said you would be better off because "his server was stuff", so why go through the trouble to steal it? What was the purpose of that whole steam chat and how the forget can you still defend him after what he said.

Joes an starfish, sure. But auto is either just as much of an starfish or is worse.

This went on for a couple of months and we gave him a chance to change. Does this really have to be said again?
I really don't have to repeat myself again do I now? You all could have just avoided all this damage by going off and finding a different RP, or making one yourselves.

Here's my personal opinion on this. If person x wants to make person y's idea, but better, whether it's through means of administration, builds/events, execution etc, they can. It encourages competition and the players get to decide which they like more so they always win.

What they both did wrong was they started verbally assaulting eachother instead of striving to get better and give players better experiences on their servers.

Let me also mention this: The host, Joe, didn't build anything on that server according to Auto. If this is true, all the builders were just allowing Auto to host it.
Joe also still had the ability to host it. All he needed to do was get new admins. The server would still have his name on it and everything, nothing was taken away from him and any regular players of his server would more than likely still come back.

Instead of admitting he was wrong, he says it was for the greater good or some stuff while simultaneously trying to find any justification he can.

WHAT?
I probably should have. I regret a lot of this, it's a lot messier than I thought it would be in total, but as I've said, literally the only problem with the server was the way Joe hosted it.
Thank you. I do agree with you all at this point that I was rather harsh towards him, don't get me wrong, I'm human too, don't think I don't regret doing it that way. I do think that how I handled the whole thing was a little heavyhanded due to some poor decision-making(choosing who was with me when I broke the news to Joe originally, how I treated him later may have been a little high in expectations, how I acted in the chatlog was over the line[although as I've said repeatedly, at that point he'd basically annoyed the hell out of me in total]), and I regret that too.

To be honest, we're working on a new build and phasing out the old stuff already anyway, and I was thinking of changing the name of the server. If that's what it takes to redeem myself, that's fine, I'll wipe all of the old stuff right now and let him host his, but I'm still going to run a server that people will enjoy.

Now that I've given it a third read-over, I understand where you come from more now. I've pretty much been in the same situation as you, and I realize how stuffty it is to work on something and then end up realizing you don't agree with how a server is being hosted.

I'm sorry for the harsh things I've said and if you need help starting a new project, I've got free time all the time.

You still dont get it.

I dont two flying stuffs about him using the server content. Its the fact that he stole it in the first place, and then cussed a kid out over steam. Instead of admitting he was wrong, he says it was for the greater good or some stuff while simultaneously trying to find any justification he can.

What was stopping you from making your own instead of stealing it? Would it have been too hard to make your own? From what auto said you would be better off because "his server was stuff", so why go through the trouble to steal it? What was the purpose of that whole steam chat and how the forget can you still defend him after what he said.

Joes an starfish, sure. But auto is either just as much of an starfish or is worse.  

Hes changing the things that are there and phasing old things out. Also, Ever heard of anger? Everybody has it. Your basically shunning Auto for cussing him out over steam when JoeJack started the fire and decided to piss him off. Also he did admit what he did was wrong. And he said he apologised for it and said sorry.

Now that I've given it a third read-over, I understand where you come from more now. I've pretty much been in the same situation as you, and I realize how stuffty it is to work on something and then end up realizing you don't agree with how a server is being hosted.

I'm sorry for the harsh things I've said and if you need help starting a new project, I've got free time all the time.

This is what I wish more people were like. They can realize that maybe something they said was wrong, or something to that effect. Thank you, good sir.

What's funny is, JoeJack initally showed screenshots of AutoBahn assualting him. You'll probably take this with a grain of salt since I don't have the shots of JoeJack assualting AutoBahn myself.

Yeah. At least you admitted you did wrong. I applaud you for that.

Thank you. You don't have to apologize, I can understand why you lashed. I personally had problems with what I was doing as well in several cases, but I kept going because I mainly wanted others to continue enjoying the server. I mainly host because I like seeing others enjoy themselves - my old private school used to do a thing where we'd volunteer every last friday of the month in a variety of programs, and the feeling of helping the community's sort of stuck with me. I've changed for the most part, especially since at my new school I have a lot less stress coming up behind me, but how I used to act still does come up sometimes in really gruesome format(see: OP), and I apologize for that to Joe, Xeid, etc. for letting it slip.

It was 1 day ago dude you didn't change

Hes changing the things that are there and phasing old things out. Also, Ever heard of anger? Everybody has it. Your basically shunning Auto for cussing him out over steam when JoeJack started the fire and decided to piss him off. Also he did admit what he did was wrong. And he said he apologised for it and said sorry.
Yes i am shunning auto. Ive said this before and you still cant understand for some reason, but i dont give a stuff if joes an starfish. Thats already an established fact. But the fact that you think its okay for someone else to be an starfish back is stupid. Fighting fire with fire makes more fire. I understand that you didnt agree with what joe was doing with what you guys helped in, and i understand how stuffty that is, but the reaction you had is inexcusable. Instead of being mature and moving on you all kept stuffting on him, so here we are. The fact that he suddenly apologizes the moment the entire thing is brought to light coupled with the fact that he said the server was stuff makes me think that he both didnt really care about the server and that his apology isnt sincere (or at least is as sincere as it should be). So again, its less about the fact that you did take it without his permission and more about the mindset and attitude you had while doing it.

Im gonna go ahead and leave the thread. Too many replies to keep up with and i dont wanna get riled up further.