Author Topic: Autobahn - Showing his true colors.  (Read 12044 times)

ted kaczynski was insane

jeffrey dahmer was insane

joejack is not insane. he's just hosting a server and making mistakes like all people do when they host blockland servers.

say whatever you want about his administration techniques but don't try to say he needs to be committed
does it? do you have any medical records? how about interactions with him in reality? have you seen him in a checkup room?

Ugh look the point is he wasn't doing any good for the server at all. Auto actually asked players if they wanted him to host instead of JoeJack and they said YES. Also JoeJack wrote an announcement saying that he was giving AutoBahn ownership. So why is he bitching now?

i'm cringing at xenias and mrmii's posts at this point. stop while you're behind please lol

i'm cringing at xenias and mrmii's posts at this point. stop while you're behind please lol

NOBODY LIKED JOE'S ABILITY TO HOST
So what, is this seriously what this has come to? If there's somebody hosting a server badly, just swipe the entire thing right off them from under their feet like tripping someone up on a rug? You think it's a justifiable reason to steal someone's server if they can't host for stuff? That they're an starfish?

Crazy.

And I don't care if the players think this was good call because they don't like JoeJack, because it isn't a good call. You're better off making a RP server yourself if you don't like a particular how a particular RP server is handled rather than causing damage by stealing the server.

Maybe I should just go find some poorly made Family RP and steal the entire loving thing because it's handled badly - because that's the kind of mentality I'm seeing here.

No, everyone does not do this.

I dont get whats so hard to understand. Regardless of when it happens, what they other person did, etc, if you act like an starfish to someone, you are a loving starfish. I dont care if it was a year after it happened, you acted like a cunt. You're trying to paint him as some big bad guy and while that may be true you're just as bad as him. Apologizing doesnt suddenly make you not an starfish, either.

I seriously doubt you gave a flying forget about his server, anyway. According to you it was stuff so im guessing you just wanted either an excuse to fet back at him or you wanted a popilar server without having to go through the process of making one yourself. Either way you're a loving richard and its annoying how you're trying to play the victim card and brushing off everything you did because "he did it too, and everyone does it at one point anyway!!!!!".

He doesn't mean it LITERALLY. He means that quite a few people have done something to a certain magnitude before. I've done stupid things that have made me look like an utter starfish before. A lot of people have. So basically, this just seems like a huge "lets go stuff on this guy now, since he's done something to make him look like an starfish" bandwagon. Like I have said before, the stuff said in the chat log was a bit much. But at least he had the bravery and the deceny to apologize for it.

So what, is this seriously what this has come to? If there's somebody hosting a server badly, just swipe the entire thing right off them from under their feet like tripping someone up on a rug? You think it's a justifiable reason to steal someone's server if they can't host for stuff? That they're an starfish?

Crazy.

And I don't care if the players think this was good call because they don't like JoeJack, because it isn't a good call. You're better off making a RP server yourself if you don't like a particular how a particular RP server is handled rather than causing damage by stealing the server.

Maybe I should just go find some poorly made Family RP and steal the entire loving thing because it's handled badly - because that's the kind of mentality I'm seeing here.

This went on for a couple of months and we gave him a chance to change. Does this really have to be said again?

This went on for a couple of months and we gave him a chance to change. Does this really have to be said again?
why don't you just make your own server based on joe's server

Both sides have done something wrong here.
Auto was incredibly and unnecessarily harsh towards him.
Joe was a terrible host and was going to drive the server into the ground.

It's completely up to opinion whether or not saving the server and letting more people enjoy it takes priority over making sure that Joe's feelings aren't hurt a little bit.
Neither side is going to win this argument here. I predict at least 10 more pages.
Thank you. I do agree with you all at this point that I was rather harsh towards him, don't get me wrong, I'm human too, don't think I don't regret doing it that way. I do think that how I handled the whole thing was a little heavyhanded due to some poor decision-making(choosing who was with me when I broke the news to Joe originally, how I treated him later may have been a little high in expectations, how I acted in the chatlog was over the line[although as I've said repeatedly, at that point he'd basically annoyed the hell out of me in total]), and I regret that too. But how Joe was running the server wasn't good, either. If I had just let it rot, I'd be letting my work and the work of others go to waste, and I don't want that. I think the server idea and build is great, so yeah, of course I'm going to try to keep it alive, for the sake of others, not just my own.

To be honest, we're working on a new build and phasing out the old stuff already anyway, and I was thinking of changing the name of the server. If that's what it takes to redeem myself, that's fine, I'll wipe all of the old stuff right now and let him host his, but I'm still going to run a server that people will enjoy.

He doesn't mean it LITERALLY. He means that quite a few people have done something to a certain magnitude before. I've done stupid things that have made me look like an utter starfish before. A lot of people have. So basically, this just seems like a huge "lets go stuff on this guy now, since he's done something to make him look like an starfish" bandwagon. Like I have said before, the stuff said in the chat log was a bit much. But at least he had the bravery and the deceny to apologize for it.
"A bit too much" is a giant understatment.

These people didnt like how a kid was running his server, so instead of them all playing on another server, they...

Stole the server content
Hosted their own server
And then cussed him out over steam

To say that thats "a bit too much" is putting it way to lightly. But it doesnt matter because they got their vigilante justice over a loving blockland server.

For some people, it takes a very short time for change. Some take longer than others. It's called being a human. Look at my posts prior to May. I was a dipstuff, an idiot, nobody likes me. Now here I am, different, not an autistic forget who will blindly defend anyone without both parties giving an explanation. I'm not defending anyone right now (intentionally), I'm just telling you people take time to change.

To be honest, we're working on a new build and phasing out the old stuff already anyway, and I was thinking of changing the name of the server. If that's what it takes to redeem myself, that's fine, I'll wipe all of the old stuff right now and let him host his, but I'm still going to run a server that people will enjoy.
seems like something you should've considered before you staged a coup d'etat

These people didnt like how a kid was running his server, so instead of them all playing on another server, they...

Stole the server content
Hosted their own server

To say that thats "a bit too much" is putting it way to lightly. But it doesnt matter because they got their vigilante justice over a loving blockland server.

Are you seriously just trying to continue the argument at this point? Auto is trying to settle it here and he did a pretty good job with that post. All you're going to do is feed the fire.

Stole the server content
Hosted their own server

Again, you take what I say VERY literal.

For some people, it takes a very short time for change. Some take longer than others. It's called being a human. Look at my posts prior to May. I was a dipstuff, an idiot, nobody likes me. Now here I am, different, not an autistic forget who will blindly defend anyone without both parties giving an explanation. I'm not defending anyone right now (intentionally), I'm just telling you people take time to change.
The problem is, I was perfectly willing to let him change and then give him the server back, but how he acted made it seem like he simply wanted to fast track himself straight back in with no real intention of changing at all. I realize and say again, I did have high expectations of him when I gave him the chance, but how he acted and didn't apologize was really over the line.

I probably should have. I regret a lot of this, it's a lot messier than I thought it would be in total, but as I've said, literally the only problem with the server was the way Joe hosted it. How he refused to pay attention to it, his iron grip style of hosting, and just how he generally acted to the community was really something I felt could have been changed. And I did want to change it, that was the reason I took the server, was to get him to change, and he dropped that chance, even if I did set the bar a little high.