client_PrintTabs

Author Topic: client_PrintTabs  (Read 1063 times)

I wish there were font tabs for the print menu. Never fun having a print list 2 miles long.
It could automatically make a tab for each print pack.
/discuss

I was testing the concept, not bad actually.

This probably wont be implemented due to the pure burden of categorizing things. Unless people are less lazy then I anticipate, no one will waste there time to make something like this, it seems very promising though.

EDIT: Rotated stands for these prints forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=278377.0
*This would be problem #1... long addon names won't fit in the tab boxes.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 02:20:04 PM by UnRegistered »

I was thinking having this apply to alphabet packs only.

Can you actually have multiple letter print packs? I thought it would override the default ones.

Can you actually have multiple letter print packs? I thought it would override the default ones.

You can, but they'd all have to be named differently. All it ends up doing is doubling the alphabet print list's length.

You can, but they'd all have to be named differently. All it ends up doing is doubling the alphabet print list's length.
This is a great reason to have tabs!
This would be problem #1... long addon names won't fit in the tab boxes.
remove "Print_", and you should be able to figure out which is which. Not too hard. It could tab like the brick menu.
Plus, no-one needs to make support, it would auto-index the prints in your add-on list.

This is a great reason to have tabs!remove "Print_", and you should be able to figure out which is which. Not too hard. It could tab like the brick menu.
Plus, no-one needs to make support, it would auto-index the prints in your add-on list.

I was meaning certain addon titles are quite lengthy, e.g. anything longer than one word. The Print Selector GUI would have to be enlarged, such as the build menu but not quite as big.

Just make the tabs a drop down list like I did here: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=254061.0

It doesn't split multiple letter packs, but I guess I could add this if you want ?

I was meaning certain addon titles are quite lengthy, e.g. anything longer than one word. The Print Selector GUI would have to be enlarged, such as the build menu but not quite as big.

Put a limit on the number of characters that a tab can hold?

Massive bump, just keeping this alive.
Btw;
Just make the tabs a drop down list like I did here: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=254061.0

It doesn't split multiple letter packs, but I guess I could add this if you want ?
This is really cool, something like this would be awesome.
though since it already exists, This topic actually got answered... kinda.