Apparently, Metal Gear Solid V will have Micro-Transactions

Author Topic: Apparently, Metal Gear Solid V will have Micro-Transactions  (Read 916 times)

what's the big deal? it's supposedly completely optional.

this shouldn't be an immediate bad sign.

what's the big deal? it's supposedly completely optional.

this shouldn't be an immediate bad sign.

okay, i see where this is going. you can save this stuff for whether or not Konami keeps their word with the term "optional", instead of jumping to conclusions.

if MGSV micro-transactions end up actually being shoved down our throats, then forget, i won't stop you from going guns blazing. but i don't see the reason of going apestuff because the word "micro-transactions" are in the fine print of something that isn't released yet.

Micro-Transactions have become another buzzword people foam at the mouth at when they read it.

Any sort of micro-transaction is alright on paper. It's all about the execution.

With that said, Konami will drill the loving micro-transactions into everyone's skull and ruin it for everyone. Konami will literally rape you if it made them profit. Expect nothing less from Konami

They are sinking their leading IPs so they can pursue a mobile gaming market because that's where the cash is. They don't give a stuff about you, or me, or their franchises, they want to make mad dollars and they want to make it now

edit: just to clarify that any and all concerns about MGS:V are valid. Expecting Konami to publish a metal gear solid game without any issues is like giving an infant a prized portrait and expecting it to handle it with care

edit #2: Also, Konami is known for treating their developers like complete stuff. If any of the interviews or people I've talked to were telling the truth, konami's been going so far as to alienate their developers to make them quit so Konami doesn't have to pay them. They've been shutting power off to certain wings of their buildings, loving with people's schedule and other shady stuff. Konami is tanking bigtime.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 12:09:48 PM by IkeTheGeneric »

konami for worst corporation 2015

so this is how it ends

why did it have to be this way

They are sinking their leading IPs so they can pursue a mobile gaming market because that's where the cash is. They don't give a stuff about you, or me, or their franchises, they want to make mad dollars and they want to make it now
That is going to bite them in the ass later.

the game's still gonna be good

That is going to bite them in the ass later.
exactly

it's almost as if konami doesn't know how to run a videogame company and just wants to make quick money rather than utilizing beloved IP's

exactly

it's almost as if konami doesn't know how to run a videogame company and just wants to make quick money rather than utilizing beloved IP's

After they nixed silent hills I knew they were setting themselves up to fail

so what
am i gonna have to pay $1.99 to get the mission objective now

This is why I hate greed. It ruins all the good things for all the good people and makes all the bad people tons of money.

they played us like a damn fiddle