[Blender] New DTS plugin

Poll

After you've tried the new reference frame import feature, do you think it should be enabled by default?

Yes
No

Author Topic: [Blender] New DTS plugin  (Read 133258 times)

I don't see anything wrong

Holy stuff thank you. I'm still going to use milkshape for exporting until the bugs are fixed for this though. Can't wait for this to be done! :D
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 12:21:54 AM by pwnfulz »

Well I finally see my model inside blockland :)

Half of the times it disappears...

Why does this happen? (Edit: Oh in static map the size was x2 lol)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 10:06:37 AM by mario0126 »

Half of the times it disappears...

Current issues / features not supported yet / reasons not to use it as a daily driver until later

Exporter

• Sometimes objects become invisible when the camera is very close to them at specific angles (detail level/shape bounds issue)

Not sure why yet.

Not sure why yet.
I've had this problem in the past and it was always caused by an object being scaled smaller than 1 on one axis

I've had this problem in the past and it was always caused by an object being scaled smaller than 1 on one axis

DTS doesn't actually have any kind of scaling unless you're working with animations. Models are tested with an actual in-game scale of "1 1 1".

This is beautiful. You are beautiful.

This should cut down model work by 75% for generations to come.

Also, LOD is set to a somewhat high value upon export, most likely above 500 or something which causes the actual function of detail to be unstable and disappear at close distances. Either this or the model's vertices are being rendered at negative field of view.

Also, LOD is set to a somewhat high value upon export, most likely above 500 or something which causes the actual function of detail to be unstable and disappear at close distances. Either this or the model's vertices are being rendered at negative field of view.

The exporter uses detail level pixel size as 100. Changing this to 1 or 1000 has no effect on the 'disappearing'.

I've already checked the LOD "objectDetail" and "polyCount" properties. These don't help. "avgError" and "maxError" are set to -1.0 (also what this exporter uses) in basically every perfectly functional DTS shape ever, and are basically deprecated (okay, not strictly) at this point. Changing them should not be necessary.

What do you mean by negative field of view? The exporter currently does export triangles with reverse vertex order ([2, 1, 0] rather than [0, 1, 2]) but normals are messed up otherwise.

After rewriting and properly implementing basically everything related to bounds, radii and LODs, exported meshes no longer disappear in-game.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 01:45:15 PM by portify »

Is that a giant monkey ear?

giant monkey ears are cool

also, does torque have support for n-gons? it would be nice to not have to triangulate everything.

giant monkey ears are cool

also, does torque have support for n-gons? it would be nice to not have to triangulate everything.

The exporter will automatically triangulate everything behind the scenes when needed. When making and exporting your model, pretend that Blockland has n-gon support. It works entirely fine with the exporter.

YESSS... Now i didn't need exporting to milkshape and fixin it and exportin to DTS from milkshape... >_<

This will be very fun for me to use when it's finally complete! Can't wait to transfer from old exporter to new!