Poll

After you've tried the new reference frame import feature, do you think it should be enabled by default?

Yes
No

Author Topic: [Blender] New DTS plugin  (Read 132911 times)

If I import a dts from a working addon and then without changing anything atall export it again, blockland crashes when loading the add-on using that dts.

If I import a dts from a working addon and then without changing anything atall export it again, blockland crashes when loading the add-on using that dts.

64bit Blender or 32bit?

From my experience, models from 64bit always crash BL, or just don't appear at all.
Granted, I exported with the old Blender and exporter when I've seen this issue, but thought I'd bring it up just in case

Try triangulating it or dissolving the vertices?

Any idea what causes these bizarre shadow errors?

I think that might have to do with BL's shader's more than DTS modeler...

I think that might have to do with BL's shader's more than DTS modeler...

That screenshot was taken in v20. Here's v21 with max shaders:

Works fine.

Check your materials and make sure that transparency and additive, or subtractive blending isn't enabled on them

Or maybe your LODs are inconsistent?

Check your materials and make sure that transparency and additive, or subtractive blending isn't enabled on them

Or maybe your LODs are inconsistent?

Transparency was fine. Blending was all additive, which works with the hands.

Groups are all detail32, should they be different? Playermodel uses detail100, should I try that?

EDIT: Tried detail100, didn't work.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 07:44:16 PM by irrel »

Looking at some of my weapons in v20, apparently the same thing is happening

I think Torque had a problem in general with DTS objects that used transparent or additive materials

If you look at the shadow for the transparent spray can, there is no shadow for the cap that comes off

Should I use subtractive blending then?

EDIT: I think it has something to do with concavity of models. Going to test that idea.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 09:03:41 PM by irrel »

Any models that use self-illumination, transparency, and any kind of blending cause the shadows to break, models that just have basic materials all around have their shadows rendered correctly

It's not worth worrying about just for an outdated version of a game that's already built on and old, limited, and sucky engine

That still doesn't explain how the default gun uses self illumination without breaking its shadows. It might not be worth worrying about, but it's still there.

That still doesn't explain how the default gun uses self illumination without breaking its shadows.
That's because it doesn't use self-illumination

The handle for the default gun is a whitecheck texture, that's why it glows with the shaders turned off

The handle for the default gun is a whitecheck texture, that's why it glows with the shaders turned off
Thanks, that's useful to know.