Which web browsers run well on a toaster?

Author Topic: Which web browsers run well on a toaster?  (Read 1037 times)

I'm temporarily on a stuffty laptop skullforget kilometers away from home.  Chrome, which used to be advertised as faster than loving Sonic the Usain Bolt, runs like richard and makes YouTube videos stutter.  Any alternatives?

Bread doesn't run on a toaster, but it does work on one. You should try it out.

You probably don't have enough ram to run chrome smoothly, try something like Waterfox

You probably don't have enough ram to run chrome smoothly, try something like Waterfox

10 tabs open

waterfox is 64-bit.  this gayass laptop is 32-bit.  i don't think it'll run.

waterfox is 64-bit.  this gayass laptop is 32-bit.  i don't think it'll run.
Shiiiit that's crappy.
I guess regular firefox then

specs? i would like to know exactly how toaster-y it is

specs? i would like to know exactly how toaster-y it is

holy stuff does this trash heap have literally 1gb RAM

If you want something HTML5 compatible that'll truly run on a toaster, try Midori. I ran it on an old laptop with 256mb of RAM and a 900mhz Pentium and it even managed to play YouTube videos. Even Opera wouldn't run on this machine.

EDIT: I just noticed this post.

I've never seen a cpu being listed as N/A.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 01:03:50 PM by Steve5451² »

oheyy i have a lenovo too

I am so loving mad

If you want something HTML5 compatible that'll truly run on a toaster, try Midori. I ran it on an old laptop with 256mb of RAM and a 900mhz Pentium and it even managed to play YouTube videos. Even Opera wouldn't run on this machine.
Gonna try it, seems good. HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK roosterS
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 02:13:18 PM by Cybertails1998 »

Gonna try it, seems good.  Outta curiosity: does it have AdBlock or some stuff like that?

Extensions for Midori are scarce, but when I used it there was a pre-installed ad blocker extension. I think I had to enable it though.