2015/07/01 - Blockland r1966

Author Topic: 2015/07/01 - Blockland r1966  (Read 90900 times)

i dont see what entitles you to updates. i mean there's a lot of $60 games that never get content adding updates.

It's not really an entitlement but rather an expectation for games bought online nowadays.

Edit: And I'm not specifically talking about free upgrades, I'm talking about upgrades in general.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 11:36:59 AM by General »

i know that i wouldn't be able to update a game for 10 years, especially if the community is full of ungrateful babies who complain no matter what you do

• Fixed coverage issue on ModTer 8x CornerA brick

yessssssssssssssssssssssssss

It's not really an entitlement but rather an expectation for games bought online nowadays.

Edit: And I'm not specifically talking about free upgrades, I'm talking about upgrades in general.
At what point does the dev stop though ?  No one wants to work on the same project forever, especially if your development group is one or two people.  Additionally, we have been getting major updates for the last 10 years.  Once retail came out we had huge additions such as events and physics.  You can only demand so much from a game that cost 20 dollars (or 10, or 5 in the case of steam/sales)  I dare to say that this is one of the longest running active development for a game with a single (maybe 1 or 2 other people max) developer.

I wonder if he's still working on the new ghosting we had that got pulled because of issues.

• Fixed crash when player type has no animations
many thanks

Can't you see that literally every game community nowadays waits for updates?
Yes, that's cool. This game is over a decade old, Badspot is in no way obligated to update the game just because you want him to. You paid for the game, you got the game, anything beyond that is something you should just be thankful for.

It's kind of the norm nowadays to constantly receive updates and if you don't notice that this is what I'm referring to then don't even bother replying.
It's a norm nowadays in new games. I can't think of many games this old still getting active development.

and now we wait
for hats
:D

lol i have plenty of modern games that i bought online that receive no updates aside from patches just meant to fix bugs. if bug fixes are all badspot wants to do, that's fine. it's his game and he isn't required to bend over backwards to please everyone who feels entitled to frequent content updates just because it's an "expectation for games nowadays"

i dont see what entitles you to updates. i mean there's a lot of $60 games that never get content adding updates.

Yes, those are generic shooter games. At least 5 of them come out every year and they're all the same.

There is no replacement for blockland.

Aaah... YES YES YES YES ¡FINALLY ANOTHER UPDATE! Thanks :D

I wonder if he's still working on the new ghosting we had that got pulled because of issues.

New ghosting system? What was different about it?

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=273265.0
Quote from: Badspot
When ghosting, unghosted objects are now prioritized.  This is to address slow loading when there are a lot of players/vehicles moving around.  

Not a new system, but a much needed change. Too bad he reverted it and then forgot about it...

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=273265.0
Not a new system, but a much needed change. Too bad he reverted it and then forgot about it...

i think he removed the change since people said that it screwed up people's duplicators or something..? caused them to endlessly ghost? i don't remember

edit:
Quote from: Julius The 1st
But now sometimes when something is duplicated or fillcanned, ghosting appears indefinitely.  It's odd because when you're in this infini-ghosting thing, you can't pull any tools out or replace your current tool.  You can Self Delete, but it doesn't do anything.  Respawning takes a moment though.  Chat works normally; reconnecting seems to help.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 08:48:41 PM by The Resonte! »