img2brick

Author Topic: img2brick  (Read 9208 times)

does anybody have it? there was a topic for it before, but i can't seem to find it

Actually iirc it was a private addon, Idk.

i did look, i couldn't find it, but some people were PM'ing others the addon

Its not really private there was a link but mediafire says the file is missing.

can anyone PM me it, then?

It takes less than half an hour to make one in virtually any scripting language (for a simple color matching algorithm, at least). I did it myself years ago, it's not hard at all.

It takes less than half an hour to make one in virtually any scripting language. (for a simple color matching algorithm, at least). I did it myself years ago, it's not hard at all.
Why don't you help him/her instead of patting yourself on the back? Clearly, since you are a coding genius, you should be able to realize that OP can't make it them self.

Why don't you help him/her instead of patting yourself on the back? Clearly, since you are a coding genius, you should be able to realize that OP can't make it them self.
Where did this come from? It's a valid suggestion with an example that proves that it's easy. If anything I was berating myself by implicitly calling my younger self an idiot who can't do anything.

I suppose it's relative to the reader- people who are lazy and can't do it will get angry, people who put in the effort will agree and attempt to make it like a badass.

Suggestion?
It takes less than half an hour to make one in virtually any scripting language (for a simple color matching algorithm, at least). I did it myself years ago, it's not hard at all.
Show me a suggestion.
I suppose it's relative to the reader- people who are lazy and can't do it will get angry, people who put in the effort will agree and attempt to make it like a badass.
Not everyone spends their time like you to learn torque script. I guess the majority of our community isn't bad ass.

This guy just asked for a copy of it; clearly doesn't care that you made it years ago, nor that it's "a simple color matching algorithm".

It's a valid suggestion with an example that proves that it's easy.
saying "just make it yourself" isn't really a valid suggestion and wouldn't be acceptable for any other kind of request here either

regardless of how theoretically easy it may be to someone that actually has coding knowledge (which is pretty easy but that's not the point)

"Just make it yourself" definitely isn't valid for topics that request huge projects and tasks that are demanding. Taken out of context and applied to the average case around here, you're right.

But there's more variables to consider than just intuition. Realize that this is literally scanning pixels on an image and matching it to pre-defined colors (depending on how complex you want it, but this is about as simple as it gets). Take python for example- there's hundreds of tutorials, a nice image library (also with hundreds of tutorials), and in addition there's plenty of experienced people around here that can assist when you really get stuck.

All it takes is a small chunk of your time to sit down and write something. Maybe not in 30 minutes, but that part was more of an exaggeration for how simple it is to induce encouragement (and not necessarily in my eyes either, lots of people have done this and expressed how they overestimated the difficulty)

damn can people not get in a fight for once

go forget yourselves, for real.

User was banned for this post
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 11:54:18 PM by Badspot »

damn can people not get in a fight for once

go forget yourselves, for real.
Way to give your 2 cents buddy.

"stop fighting, go forget yourselves" Do you have a legitimate mental disorder?