Unfair Ban On "Boss Battle's Server": Whats Your Opinion?

Author Topic: Unfair Ban On "Boss Battle's Server": Whats Your Opinion?  (Read 6106 times)

It's annoying how a great serer can be so unfair. My story begins about 7 months ago. I started playing Blockland on my brother and I's shared account. I looked at the server list, and I saw "Boss Battles" so, I played it. It was funny, because I chose heavy and killed the boss (not singlehandedly of course) on my first round.

So, anyway, around 7 months later, it was really fun playing on boss battles. Around June 15, I got another account for my personal gameplay. It was really fun having my own Account and not having to share with my brother.

I told everyone on that I was actually user TomsHere. There was this sort of mean guy named "Trinko", and he donated and was loyal to the server and all that. And I don't want to offend him, (so no offense Trinko, it could've been anyone.) So I told everyone, including Trinko, who was recently promoted to admin within the range of 10 days or so before I had my new account. (YosemitySam)

And apparently there was this incredibly stupid rule that I had only done once in the past and didn't understand about, called "Point Spite", which states that the boss cannot Self Delete after the round had begun.
 So, I did that the second time when there were a whole bunch of people on, and was about to die anyway.  Also, I had called some guy an idiot for spawnkilling me (I wasn't really serious about it). Plus, I had heard about 1,000,000 other people do things like mute evade and didn't get caught EVER.

And so, Trinko, whenever he was annoyed at me, he'd say "Can someone mute him?" "He needs to be banned" [not actual qoutes, but the basic idea]  And argue and do 100 other things that were worse than what I had done. INCLUDING calling me an idiot multiple times (May I remind you this was part of the reason I was banned) So, he got fed up, and he Permanently banned me.
BUT GUESS WHAT?

You know what the reason was? And I quote:
"Being an starfish, (pointspiting multiple times in the past, insulting others) Problem user (TomsHere)
Don't Come Back." Well, thanks for the accommodation, Trinko. FOR BREAKING THE EXACT RULE YOU BANNED ME FOR  WHILE PLAYING ON ANOTHER USER.

And later that day, when my brother was playing on The TomsHere account, the one that hadn't been banned, every time he said something, Trinko would swear and say, "now you're still ****ing about your ban" And Later, when other people who weren't doing anything were annoying his royal monarchy throne of admin Trinko, he said to them "you guys can stop ****ing around now."

So ultimately, He banned me because he was in a bad mood.

So, thanks for reading. And please leave me a comment on the section below saying what you think of this.

[Note: Ban Was Issued 7/2/2015, the same day this was posted.]

Well, he does not like auto-greet add-ons...

Cause I just got banned... :(

NO EDIT: Kicked, not banned...

7. Do not intentionally Self Delete for the purpose of depriving the other team of kill points.

It doesn't matter if you are about to die anyway, you had thousands of points of damage on you before you Self Deleted, which takes away potential points from people and is clearly stated in the rules as something you should not do. In addition, it also explicitly warns you about Self Delete, which probably should have been a big hint not to kill yourself as boss. You clearly broke a rule and were deserving of a ban.

And because "a million" other people got away with mute evasion does not make it justified for you to do so. You were indeed a problem user and the stupid "my brother did it" trick is as stale as can be. After multiple cases of point spiting, mute evasion, and being a general nuisance on the server, I stand by Trinko's ban.

It doesn't matter if you are about to die anyway, you had thousands of points of damage on you before you Self Deleted, which takes away potential points from people and is clearly stated in the rules as something you should not do. In addition, it also explicitly warns you about Self Delete, which probably should have been a big hint not to kill yourself as boss. You clearly broke a rule and were deserving of a ban.

And because "a million" other people got away with mute evasion does not make it justified for you to do so. You were indeed a problem user and the stupid "my brother did it" trick is as stale as can be. After multiple cases of point spiting, mute evasion, and being a general nuisance on the server, I stand by Trinko's ban.
I sort of agree with you on that but if you read closely he said that to avoid the "my brother excuse" he purchased a key for himself to avoid it.

Yes the point spite was a justified ban, but I disagree with the way Trinko reacted to this, he was too hostile and this drama thread could of been avoided if he did not react like that.

Your mood should not affect your administration skill, or whether or not you ban someone, I think a 5 minute ban would of been fine.
I will request a chatlog of this incident and see what exactly goes on.

But still you should have read the rules before you even played the game, its one of the first things you see at spawn.

I think a 5 minute ban would of been fine.
If it was just one incident of point spiting, sure 5-10 minutes would have been fine. But multiple instances of mute evasion is unacceptably malicious behaviour. Permanent might be a little much but I'd say at least a month is more than justified.

If it was just one incident of point spiting, sure 5-10 minutes would have been fine. But multiple instances of mute evasion is unacceptably malicious behaviour. Permanent might be a little much but I'd say at least a month is more than justified.
Ok so I already talked with both Tophat and Trinko, let me clear up whats going on.

OP Was fed up with multi clienting with his brother, so op bought himself a key to not have to multiclient.

Apparently op is known to be a starfish and piss off others, and obviously didn't read the rules.
So basically OP got banned for suiciding as boss during the mid end of a round, that is against the rules.

Op has been banned before, or should I say multiple times.
Let me say what he did wrong.

• Point spite
  • Evaded Mute
  • Hostile Unfriendly behavior/Bad Sport

So op was perma banned, that I think was too far as some people have done worse like ddos or exploit using blhack.

He should have been banned for what I would say half or a full month.
Anyways I now await the logs, Trinko probably did not mean to be so hostile, but I can understnd why he would be mad at OP.

So now OP is now playing using his brothers key (probably without permission) and I think more stuff would be stirred if that continues, so I say reduce the perma to a 1 month ban or less.

He's probably push the perma on me soon

Seems like Trinko was in a really grouchy mood. By my understanding, Trinko didn't have a fond opinion of you and wanted you to get punished harshly BEFORE he was admin. So I guess Trinko saw the opportunity to have his wish granted without looking like an abusive admin when you did that, permanently banning someone is for things like DDoS, hacking, or trolling a server. I RARELY permanently ban people unless they actually deserve it and didn't just tick me off.
^This too.

I was reading the OP, lost interest but I get the entire situation anyways.

Tomshere is a problem user that I've had to deal with many times and I suppose I can list some chat logs along with some personal experience. I would list the bans but I'm having difficulties attempting to locate the ID I recall. I've found only one ban, which is Trinko setting a perma for "Sam". He asked me for a history check, I knew who it was so I gave him permission to ban you. I don't see any bans for the ID connected to the forums, so I believe there is a third key in play.

Personal experience: I muted Tom for a bit after he'd picked at other players time and time again. One of these times(as I found out, reading through chatlogs) was that he wanted me and my family to die in a fire and a few other ways. Spamming it of course.

He's generally a richard to other players when he isn't spamming, logs below.

05/20/15   00:59:55   TomsHere   48176   roseman3 if AKF at spawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
05/20/15   01:00:04   TomsHere   48176   roseman3 if AKF at spawn!!!
05/20/15   01:00:10   Ahead   33159   get that mofo
05/20/15   01:00:14   iBrik   18325   I think the 'If you get killed everyone you revived gets killed too' is a little OP. Even for Golden Wrench
05/20/15   01:00:15   TomsHere   48176   roseman3 if AKF at spawn!!!
05/20/15   01:00:17   Derpman1337   105772   forget
05/20/15   01:00:26   Ahead   33159   it's supposed to keep it fair
05/20/15   01:00:32   TomsHere   48176   *rosevan3

06/20/15   00:46:08   TomsHere   48176   forget this,
06/20/15   00:46:08   Spider_   12585   Never Self Delete
06/20/15   00:46:12   TomsHere   48176   no
06/20/15   00:46:22   Spider_   12585   I could ban you for point spiting
06/20/15   00:46:25   TomsHere   48176   no
06/20/15   00:46:28   Spider_   12585   Do not Self Delete as boss
06/20/15   00:46:29   Spider_   12585   Ever
06/20/15   00:46:35   TomsHere   48176   that wouldnt be point spiting you werent a miniboss
06/20/15   00:47:03   Spider_   12585   No it still removes my opportunity to get more points
06/20/15   00:47:04   TomsHere   48176   besides, if you dont like boss suiciding dont give the ability to Self Delete

06/28/15   01:06:01   TomsHere   48176   10Zr
06/28/15   01:06:04   TomsHere   48176   10Zr
06/28/15   01:06:06   Skul   15847   whats the id count at now?!
06/28/15   01:06:07   The Combat Philospher   19224   No your trash Quibble
06/28/15   01:06:09   TomsHere   48176   10Zr
06/28/15   01:06:09   TomsHere   48176   10Zr
06/28/15   01:06:10   TomsHere   48176   10Zr

I was intending to post more logs, in addition to the bans he's had, because I remember giving him a really long ban if not a perma, but then I remembered while searching the logs that we had some server issues recently. Had a rollback, to get to the point, he was unbanned along with others, decent amount of logs were cleared so I am unable to recover them.

Ok so I already talked with both Tophat and Trinko, let me clear up whats going on.

what. I haven't talked to you in the past 20 minutes that I've been combing the logs.

Seems like Trinko was in a really grouchy mood. By my understanding, Trinko didn't have a fond opinion of you and wanted you to get punished harshly BEFORE he was admin. So I guess Trinko saw the opportunity to have his wish granted without looking like an abusive admin when you did that, permanently banning someone is for things like DDoS, hacking, or trolling a server. I RARELY permanently ban people unless they actually deserve it and didn't just tick me off. ^This too.

Trinko comes to me for most bans if he's uncertain, to which I then review the server files to see any bans on record along with any logs to see if they are a problem user. We usually agree on a punishment for a player if required and I can confirm that none of these bans are abusive. We allow a decent amount of chances for players, but after the third or forth time, they aren't going to learn, after almost a month of being banned in some cases.

Took me a while of being confused which is why I've replied late.

Was hoping that tophat would show up, he always clears things up. Given all of that, the permaban was more than justified.

Ahh its understandable now, but still the chatlogs are saying sometting else happened.

He said rosevan3 was afk a few times and that was before the point spite, does that imply he was boss and rosevan3 was afk in the spawn room?

Just curious to know, because if nobody else was able to play then wouldn't his Self Delete as boss reason be to keep the game going?

Other than that yes, he was being and starfish and he does deserve the ban.
And since I do not see him trying to appeal, looks like its going to stay perma, unless anyone else has an opinion.

Ahh its understandable now, but still the chatlogs are saying sometting else happened.

He said rosevan3 was afk a few times and that was before the point spite, does that imply he was boss and rosevan3 was afk in the spawn room?

Just curious to know, because if nobody else was able to play then wouldn't his Self Delete as boss reason be to keep the game going?

Possibly. Although we do have a timer which automatically ends the round if someone is still in the spawn. The timer is short and by the time anyone makes mention of it, the next round would soon be underway. Example provided was to help enforce the type of problems that Tomshere has caused in the past. I should make mention that he changed the amount of exclamation points on each line so he wouldn't be automatically muted for spam. So he was evading that as well.

Possibly. Although we do have a timer which automatically ends the round if someone is still in the spawn. The timer is short and by the time anyone makes mention of it, the next round would soon be underway. Example provided was to help enforce the type of problems that Tomshere has caused in the past. I should make mention that he changed the amount of exclamation points on each line so he wouldn't be automatically muted for spam. So he was evading that as well.
Ah understandable.

Very well, I guess its all set unless anyone else has something to say.

Well, he does not like auto-greet add-ons...

Cause I just got banned... :(
For What Reason?