Blockland for Mobile

Author Topic: Blockland for Mobile  (Read 2816 times)

Wouldn't it be cool if you could play Blockland anywhere?

These days, people have been posting on the BL forums through their Mobile device, I do sometimes too!
On your iPad, your iPhone, your Android phone and tablet...

But Blockland needs to be compatible, but first it needs modern design, because we might be talking Windows 98 style on it...
We all see this in iOS and Mac, curved corners on squares, like this!:

Roblox (you know, that other game) already has a modern design, because they still update alot, uggh, because they are a big community, uggh, and we are a small one...
But this would be real cool to have Blockland for Mobile!

/discuss

People have requested this in the past, and the main killer of the idea has been the controls. Think of everything you do in the game on your computer that you would have to do on a touch screen.

Also, badspot would have to translate all of the code into iOS language (at least), then android, and then windows phone, if he wants to touch the entire market.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 09:18:50 AM by Gen. Hothauser »

Oh yeah the controls, duhh!

blockland is on a 10+ year old engine, i think it would not make a good mobile port.
even if it was possible, i would doubt badspot would do it
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 09:19:34 AM by Refticus »

blockland is on a 10+ year old engine, i honestly doubt it would make a good mobile port.
even if it was possible, i would doubt badspot would do it
bockand for unity

what about something like Minechat

Someone did actually make a PSP version of Blockland. You can't do much other than basic building, but it is pretty cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odbGT8xByrE

Someone did actually make a PSP version of Blockland. You can't do much other than basic building, but it is pretty cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odbGT8xByrE
This doesn't look cool at all and you can't really build either.

i think the only way it'd work is if it was like a drag and drop builder that could export bls files and stuff

i think the only way it'd work is if it was like a drag and drop builder that could export bls files and stuff
That is a gosh damn great idea man!
You can like build with your fingers and stuff create stuff on go,and then export it to the .bls file and maybe upload it to mediafire/sent file thourgh email.
That will be like holy stuff!
I would love seeing that,other than what you just said.
Yeah controls...

Me and SGWonder were making one for unity.

SGwonder forgeted the build code and the remade staticshape brick system and such.

we have nothing to show but a concept video on SGwonder's YT channel.

This was a v0002 remake with only a small hilly map called: m_hills
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 10:20:08 PM by Sparky_78 »

seems like it would be impossible to build with the controls that blockland has, you pretty much need a good chunk of the keys on the keyboard to play blockland and build.