C++ port of Minecraft PE for Windows 10

Author Topic: C++ port of Minecraft PE for Windows 10  (Read 5597 times)

It's free for users who own the Java version of Minecraft.
woo

Total mistake from a development standpoint. Now there are three individual versions that require updating every time the game is updated. The Java version, the C++ .NET verison, and the mobile version.

Total mistake from a development standpoint. Now there are three individual versions that require updating every time the game is updated. The Java version, the C++ .NET verison, and the mobile version.
Java version should be dead once modding is added to the Modern App.
Mods may actually be loaded as addons this time, as for porting mods I have no idea how something from java is ported to c++ so I don't think its possible.

Also OP you should remove PE from the title because pocket editions doesn't have many features the modern app has (PE doesn't have nether and lacks many crafting recipes)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 01:40:06 AM by ZERØ »

and the xbox version so four

and the xbox version so four
Xbox version is the .net version, because the 360 and Xbox One both run a gutted down version of windows straight down to the .NT kernel.

Xbox version is the .net version, because the 360 and Xbox One both run a gutted down version of windows straight down to the .NT kernel.
I'm pretty sure he meant this new version by "C++ .NET version"
but either way... still four

this is not minecraft pocket edition
wrong

"This version IS pocket edition. It's based on PE, it's C++, and we mean to keep it on par forever.
It is NOT another version of Minecraft!" - an official mojang account on reddit

more quotes:
"Xbox Live is not required. It's compatible, but the 7 people limit is only there because it's PE! It's just that there isn't a dedicated server right now."

"It's PE, it's also compatible with PE :)"

to ease some worries
"We support Linux, it runs on Linux, in fact this codebase runs literally everywhere and that is the entire point! Don't be afraid :)"

"...Second, this version already runs as is on Android, Linux (Realms) and iOS and being C++ can run on anything, so what's your point?"

"We're not dropping Linux support! And anyway java is here and still developed, why would be dropping it?"

I don't make stuff up
Yeah I'm pretty sure you do. The devs probably know more about it than you do.

Yeah, as good as it sounds it's a really stupid decision. You managed to get so far and now you wanna switch? Just keep it to that trash language, hire some good programming goons to sort out the game and make mad money.

I read somewhere that both the console versions of Minecraft are C++ versions but w/e.

why are these people proudly saying that this is basicly minecraft pe
it seems rather stupid to me because pe is probably the worst version

why are these people proudly saying that this is basicly minecraft pe
it seems rather stupid to me because pe is probably the worst version
They are planning to focus on it more, and eventually replace the java version when it catches up.

So will this be a windows 10 app or something? Or will it be available for playing on earlier OS's?

Java version should be dead once modding is added to the Modern App.
If they don't port this to mac and linux, the Java version is going to stay around for a while.

So will this be a windows 10 app or something?
Yes.

Or will it be available for playing on earlier OS's?
Hopefully. Probably not at the moment, though.