C++ port of Minecraft PE for Windows 10

Author Topic: C++ port of Minecraft PE for Windows 10  (Read 5595 times)

what

like, c++ as windows exclusive?

wouldn't that be c# or c++.net?

what
like, c++ as windows exclusive?
wouldn't that be c# or c++.net?
first of all, C++ can be exclusive to windows
second, nobody said this was exclusive to windows. people have said exactly the opposite

first of all, C++ can be exclusive to windows
second, nobody said this was exclusive to windows. people have said exactly the opposite
Its true, recently Microsoft is against closing off things, their pushing a large amount of windows exclusive stuff to android and iOS, one of those things is going to be the edge browser.

But Minecraft C++ will come to other platforms, but odds are the app is aimed for surface owners or people with windows tablets.
Microsoft will probably start another project of remaking the desktop Minecraft in C++ that has full support for servers and more than 7 people.
Odds are however that this C++ port will be renamed to something else and then the C++ Desktop version will also be a modern app but just be called Minecraft.

What is this "c++ .net" everyone is talking about? There's no such thing, unless you mean C++/CLI. Or maybe a winapi exclusive executable, or perhaps a program that links against the visual c/c++ runtime...

That's the main problem, anyways- you have to replace the syscalls based on whatever environment you decide to run on. Java does this "automatically" in a sense. Wine does this with windows executables and "replaces" the syscalls with Linux ones.

Bumping, but only because of the Windows 10 release (thus, making this available to download) a few days ago.

as expected, it's an exact port of pocket edition. even the menus are all the same

No fov options either.

puke city.

I'm not surprised that everyone hates it.

On the plus side, however, I've heard that it runs much better than it's Java counterpart and maybe, just maybe, we'll get the fabled Mod API.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 03:45:26 PM by AtlasBlue »

I like how it runs, it lacks a lot of features though, such as
  • Proper Field of View options, this should have been included beta or not.
  • A User Interface that fits desktops, its so inconvenient to have a tablet based interface when it should be more like how it normally is in minecraft. It hurts to use. I cannot stand it for the life of me and how lazy it is when you scroll your mouse and you see a selection over a brick hinting at a touch screen
  • Lacking a way to change the UI size is also god damn awful
  • Lacking several graphics options down to sliders
  • Xbox integration and gamertags, why in gods name do you need to use this for minecraft?
My personal opinion, if this all gets added to the final version then I'd be happy

On the plus side, however, I've heard that it runs much better than it's Java counterpart and maybe, just maybe, we'll get the fabled Mod API.

Well it runs on Android, iOS, AND the Raspberry Pi at 60fps. The Java version couldn't run on anything short of a dual core and dedicated GPU/recent integrated chips.
And no horrid stuttering either. It's silky smooth.

Well it runs on Android, iOS, AND the Raspberry Pi at 60fps. The Java version couldn't run on anything short of a dual core and dedicated GPU/recent integrated chips.
And no horrid stuttering either. It's silky smooth.
I once got the Java version to run at a solid 60fps (with optifine) on an old laptop running Lubuntu.
And it was using openjdk instead of oracle java.
Idk how, but it happened.

OT: As it turns out, during the beta you can get it for free if you own the Java version.
I think there is a new trend with Microsoft and new versions of things being free for owners of the previous version(s)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 03:05:17 PM by blueblur121 »