C++ port of Minecraft PE for Windows 10

Author Topic: C++ port of Minecraft PE for Windows 10  (Read 5515 times)

If they don't port this to mac and linux, the Java version is going to stay around for a while.
Doesn't mean they're going to update it...

If they don't port this to mac and linux, the Java version is going to stay around for a while.
The current version has been compiled and ran on Linux by devs IIRC.

So will this be a windows 10 app or something? Or will it be available for playing on earlier OS's?
It will be available on the Windows 10 store. That's it. Not sure about what will happen after the beta though.

Yeah I'm pretty sure you do. The devs probably know more about it than you do.
Don't try and stir stuff up, I simply said if you wanted to believe me fine, if not then fine.

wrong

"This version IS pocket edition. It's based on PE, it's C++, and we mean to keep it on par forever.
It is NOT another version of Minecraft!" - an official mojang account on reddit

more quotes:
"Xbox Live is not required. It's compatible, but the 7 people limit is only there because it's PE! It's just that there isn't a dedicated server right now."

"It's PE, it's also compatible with PE :)"

to ease some worries
"We support Linux, it runs on Linux, in fact this codebase runs literally everywhere and that is the entire point! Don't be afraid :)"

"...Second, this version already runs as is on Android, Linux (Realms) and iOS and being C++ can run on anything, so what's your point?"

"We're not dropping Linux support! And anyway java is here and still developed, why would be dropping it?"
Of course its built of PE, PE was built straight from scratch because java mobile would be a pretty horrible thing to deal with, not to mention java mobile isn't the same as normal java.

I'm pretty sure what they mean is that the build their using is one of two things:
1. A port of pocket edition that was just mass hyped and bloated because of Microsoft's Horrible infamous naming schemes.
or
2. Another Minecraft version that is built off of Pocket Edition, but will have all features of normal minecraft.

Right now I'm thinking it may be 2, but if the 7 player limit stays, I'm sure its just a port of PE for Windows tablets, but because of the horrible naming scheme, causes a scene.

Though it would be nice if they built the original minecraft from the ground up.

It was already confirmed that they plan to keep the mobile version and this version the same, and that by the time PE gets out of beta it will be on par with the java version, and this will become the definitive version of Minecraft.

Seriously dude, just read the reddit link I posted, it explains the whole thing.

I say to keep development on the C++ PE to contain every feature the Java version does then ditch the Java version. It'd run 50x faster and be portable to nearly any device, and your phone would be able to run the full version. That's what I'd wish, but that's most likely never going to be the case.

I say to keep development on the C++ PE to contain every feature the Java version does then ditch the Java version. It'd run 50x faster and be portable to nearly any device, and your phone would be able to run the full version. That's what I'd wish, but that's most likely never going to be the case.
Dude, read. That's what they plan to do.

Dude, read. That's what they plan to do.
Its not really Pocket Edition if it has the complete features then...

I kind of hope they keep it the way it is and just continue development
it'd make the game more interesting and it runs fine already, but they could look into implementing some of what optifine does

I kind of hope they keep it the way it is and just continue development
it'd make the game more interesting and it runs fine already, but they could look into implementing some of what optifine does
It doesn't need optifine, it already performs way better than normal minecraft because it doesn't use java.
C++ is one of the fastest programming languages there are. so basically this version of minecraft could run very well in old computers.

Its not really Pocket Edition if it has the complete features then...
What? Why not? They have always planned to get PE caught up.

It doesn't need optifine, it already performs way better than normal minecraft because it doesn't use java.
C++ is one of the fastest programming languages there are. so basically this version of minecraft could run very well in old computers.
By "some of what optifine does" he meant the graphical improvements it gives, not just performance.
For example, smart grass on the side of blocks, snow on the ground under fences, etc.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 03:37:41 PM by blueblur121 »

I'm saying it really doesn't need to be ported over to C++, and that is just slowing development

I'm saying it really doesn't need to be ported over to C++, and that is just slowing development
This version is PE for Windows 10. Not the java version ported to C++.

i have windows 10

i will report back when i get it

you can't get it yet apparently
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 03:48:02 PM by blockguy™ »

i have windows 10

i will report back when i get it

you can't get it yet apparently
It will be available on the 29th IIRC.

i remember a lot of mods were restricted by java. interested in seeing what they can do with C++...