Author Topic: Procedural Terrain Generator v3 [Working on v3.1]  (Read 98987 times)

Wait we still haven't gotten the download yet?
I'm sending the PMs now; I can only message 20 people per hour though, so there will be a slight delay for the new testers.

I'm sending the PMs now; I can only message 20 people per hour though, so there will be a slight delay for the new testers.
I had the idea of instead of using the pm system there would be a steam group and you would have to be invited to it to be a tester, and there would be a member only section for the download

That's actually a great idea, but not everyone may use Steam though. Anyway, the first wave of PMs has been sent, so I'll be messaging the other testers next.

Hello,

I'm having issues saving presets.

ResManager::openFileForWrite - failed to open stream for "Config/Client/PTGv3/BetaTest/Presets/DAProgs^.txt"
Failed to open file 'Config/Client/PTGv3/BetaTest/Presets/DAProgs^.jpg'.

Dunno if it's the carret simbol?
The 'Client/PTGv3/BetaTest/Presets' folder has been properly created.

Hello,

I'm having issues saving presets.

ResManager::openFileForWrite - failed to open stream for "Config/Client/PTGv3/BetaTest/Presets/DAProgs^.txt"
Failed to open file 'Config/Client/PTGv3/BetaTest/Presets/DAProgs^.jpg'.

Dunno if it's the carret simbol?
The 'Client/PTGv3/BetaTest/Presets' folder has been properly created.
Strange, I just tried it myself and it seems to be working fine, even when using the caret symbol. It automatically checks for issues with characters in the file name before saving, so I don't think that's the issue. Are you on a PC or a Mac?

The Beta update been released to the testers! Also, Hawt opted out, so his position is open if anyone wants to try it. If any other testers wants to opt out, let me know.

Strange, I just tried it myself and it seems to be working fine, even when using the caret symbol. It automatically checks for issues with characters in the file name before saving, so I don't think that's the issue. Are you on a PC or a Mac?

Running PTG on one of my dedicated server (PC)
and my client is also on PC

Were you saving a new preset or overwriting an existing one? Also, if you navigate to the directory "Config/Client/PTGv3/BetaTest/Presets/", does the "DAProgs^.txt" file exist, or was it not created yet?

It seems like the script is having trouble navigating to the filepath, which could be caused by setting one of the folders to "ReadOnly" or having the file open in another program / writing to it while the game is trying to access it.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 01:46:49 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

DAProgs, are you using Steam. That error is given to me any time an attempt is made to create a new file in an nonexistent folder.

Can i please? i like making terrains to play adventures with friends

I've noticed when destroying bricks with System_PTG enabled that the brick gets fakekilled first and then gets deleted. At first, I thought it was RP_Core until I disabled System_PTG. Now they break as intended.

:O
:D

Can i please? i like making terrains to play adventures with friends
Sure, I'll send you a download link for the Beta.

I've noticed when destroying bricks with System_PTG enabled that the brick gets fakekilled first and then gets deleted. At first, I thought it was RP_Core until I disabled System_PTG. Now they break as intended.
That's actually on purpose; PTG has a floating brick script that prevents chain-killing terrain, which was a problem in the last version. But, I'm going to try to modify it to only pertain to floating terrain bricks.

Ok, good to know that. You could also tag bricks planted by players so they break like they should.

i want to test but full
I may hold a build content in which the winners will get a slot for testing the add-on.

Speaking of which, how much time do y'all think would be necessary for making a build to submit? Would 10 days be enough time?

Update: ModTer Support is now being finalized! I also fixed an issue that caused openings to appear in terrain, so everything should be perfectly seamless now, except for caves - which will be fixed layer.

When ModTer bricks are being used, you will be able to choose from 3 different generation types: "Cubes", "Cubes & Wedges" and "Cubes, Wedges & Ramps".  Here is a preview of the "Cubes & Wedges" option:

Progress was also made with generating ModTer for caves:

In addition, some support was added for making boundaries work with infinite terrain. This feature is useful for easily generating closed off landscapes for RPGs, simply by flying around where you want them to generate. You'll eventually be able to toggle between using normal bricks and static shapes for boundaries (to prevent issues with conflicting bricks), as well as generating invisible static shapes (to prevent bots from falling off the terrain).