Author Topic: Procedural Terrain Generator v3 [Working on v3.1]  (Read 100058 times)

Yeah I'll test. Gives me something I can do.

I'll test. It'll help me build things for the Gallery.

Sign me in, I would love to try it out!

could i get back in on testing list
i may have a use for it soon, if i'm not too busy.
can I test again, because after I quit I started getting back into blockland :L
Oh yeah sign me up for testing again
sure ill test
Yeah I'll test. Gives me something I can do.
I'll test. It'll help me build things for the Gallery.
Sign me in, I would love to try it out!
Sure guys, all added for the next testing phase. =)

Small Update:

Loading presets now gives you an error report notification along with a list of all bricks and / or prints that couldn't be loaded from the preset (i.e. if they don't exist on the server). This message will not appear if all bricks / prints loaded successfully, however you can disable this message for the rest of the game instance if desired.

Also, I'm about 60-70% done with Mass Detail Listing. This was a feature request a few days ago that will allow you to add numerous detail bricks per biome, instead of being limited by the usual 18. The Common, Uncommon and Rare brick ratios don't apply when this feature is enabled, although you can add the same bricks multiple times to increase the frequency of that brick. You can also toggle this feature for specific biomes - it comes with it's own GUI, works with saving / loading presets and is being set up to work on dedicated servers.

There is currently a hard limit of 400 details per biome, although this can be increased if needed.

Can test if need be. Would love to try it.

I'd love to test it out for you

Not at all, I'll add you to the list.

I'm not sure when the next version will be ready for testing, but I'll try to have it done within the next two weeks if possible.

Thanks! Excited for upcoming news.

So much better than the old version, it looks epic.

Add me to the list for testing

Can test if need be. Would love to try it.
I'd love to test it out for you
So much better than the old version, it looks epic.

Add me to the list for testing
Sure, all 3 added for the Pre-Release test.

1 last slot open, who's gonna take it? *drum roll*

Thanks! Excited for upcoming news.
No problem =)

i can help test
i have scripting knowledge n stuff which can be helpful for debugging or whatever you want me to do

i can help test
i have scripting knowledge n stuff which can be helpful for debugging or whatever you want me to do
That would be great; I could really use help with checking the scripts and testing compatibility with other add-ons, if possible. Added to the OP for the next testing phase.

Alright, all testing slots are filled! I'll try to have the Pre-Release version ready for testing within the next two weeks at the latest.

mmmm can't wait! =^)
I'll be posting another update soon. =) Mass Detail Listing is already finished and I'm about on start on Third Party Support.

Update: I'm ran into another issue that I can't seem to figure out. Certain bricks - such as the default treasure chest - automatically add events after being planted, which can be useful when using these bricks as details for generated terrain. However, I noticed that when you enable public brick ownership in PTG, a console error keeps coming up whenever the treasure chest is planted:

Add-Ons/Bot_Hole/packages.cs (845): Unable to find object: '' attempting to call function 'getDataBlock'
BackTrace: ->PTG_Chunk_Gen_Details_Normal->PTG_Chunk_PlantBrick->[happyDoorFunTime]fxDTSBrick::onPlant->[PTG_ServerPackage]fxDTSBrick::onPlant->fxDTSBrick::onPlant->brickTreasureChestData::onPlant->fxDTSBrick::addEvent->[BotHolePackage]SERVERCMDAddEvent

The error doesn't come up when public brick support is disabled for the generator, however I noticed that the issue is related to the wrench brick in the packages.cs Bot_Hole file:

Code: [Select]
function serverCmdAddEvent(%a,%b,%c,%d,%e,%f,%g,%h,%i,%j,%k,%l,%m,%n,%o,%p,%q,%r,%s,%t,%u,%v,%w,%x,%y,%z)
{
//SetBodyColorOnAddEvent(%a,%a.wrenchbrick);
//SetBodyPartsOnAddEvent(%a,%a.wrenchbrick);
Parent::serverCmdAddEvent(%a,%b,%c,%d,%e,%f,%g,%h,%i,%j,%k,%l,%m,%n,%o,%p,%q,%r,%s,%t,%u,%v,%w,%x,%y,%z);
%brick = %a.wrenchBrick;
Code: [Select]
if(%brick.getDatablock().isBotHole && getSimTime() > %brick.hLastSpawnTime+100)

The last line in the code above is where the issue lies. I'm just wondering if anyone has an idea around this problem? The wrench brick is setup automatically when the wrench is used by the player on a brick, but I'm guessing it isn't setup for public bricks since you can't use events on them. I tried setting it manually in SERVERCMDAddEvent, fxDTSBrick::onPlant and PTG_Chunk_PlantBrick, but to no avail. I also tried preventing serverCmdAddEvent from continuing in the packaged function if the wrench brick wasn't found, but that didn't work either, probably because it's also packaged by Bot_Hole.

If anyone has any idea how to fix this it would really help.

I also tried preventing serverCmdAddEvent from continuing in the packaged function if the wrench brick wasn't found
Try doing this in a seperate package called like "abotholefix", because packages are run in alphabetical order. If your package is higher in the chain you should be able to cancel it out successfully.

Try doing this in a seperate package called like "abotholefix", because packages are run in alphabetical order.
huh? Packages are stacked in the order they're activated