Author Topic: Help me upgrade my PC  (Read 4102 times)

My PC Specs -
Processor   AMD A6-6420K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
Manufacturer   AMD
Speed   4.0 GHz
Number of Cores   2
Video Card   AMD Radeon HD 8470D
Manufacturer   ATI
Chipset   AMD Radeon HD 8470D
Dedicated Memory   768 MB
Total Memory   4.0 GB
Memory   7.4 GB
Operating System   Microsoft Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit
Service Pack   0
Size   64 Bit
Edition   Basic
Display Maximum Resolution   1920 x 1080
DVD   HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSC0
CD   HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSC0
Drive   
Size   223.1 GB
Free   138.0 GB

Alright lets begin now, so I decided recently that im going to try to upgrade my PC and I did some research and found out what I really needed was a new graphics card. So I researched mine to see what I should upgrade then i found out that i have intigrated graphics and I need help on how i would remove the integrated and get a new graphics card so you guys please help me and guide me. P.S I looked on Can I Run It.com and it reccomended me this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UOYQ5LA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=gdext-20
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 07:07:50 PM by -Fate- »

I suggest if your in that price range you may want to go for a 970

If you mean integrated graphics card, good luck with those pliers and pulling out the chip from your motherboard without destroying it.

If you mean integrated graphics card, good luck with those pliers and pulling out the chip from your motherboard without destroying it.
how do i do this stuff do i loving get a new motherboard or just sell my pc and get a new one i dont loving know

You buy a dedicated graphics card. An integrated graphics card is integrated because you can't remove it from your PC like a dedicated card. A dedicated graphics card is a separate card you buy and install in your PC.

You buy a dedicated graphics card. An integrated graphics card is integrated because you can't remove it from your PC like a dedicated card. A dedicated graphics card is a separate card you buy and install in your PC.
Ok lets say i buy one know how would i install it

It literally won't fit anywhere else.

So in this blue thing???

Yes. When you go shopping for your new NVidia graphics card, you must make sure it fits physically, it fits connection-wise, your PSU can handle enough wattage (as these cards consume much more than anyother component in your PC), and make sure your monitor has the connector. I blindly bought a card which only had DVI and HDMI while my monitor only has VGA. Of course I got a new monitor.

my monitor is vga so do i look for a vga one?

Unless you want to waste money on an adapter, get one with VGA as an optional output. Or get a high-end one anyways and change your monitor.

what graphics card do you reccomend?

I'm a cheapcigarette and I don't live in the best country to buy computer hardware. I would recommend the GeForce GTX 970 but you should ask someone else.

thanks for the help

i have that same processor and it's honestly a piece of stuff
and if you want a cheap starting graphics card i'd reccomend the gtx 750ti
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 07:41:47 PM by Toxicology »