Blockland Glass Development

Author Topic: Blockland Glass Development  (Read 25033 times)

I don't see anything that would indicate an error.. You have it saved as System_BlocklandGlass.zip, correct? Not decompressed in to a folder?
yes

Nightly Update 7-20

I've been doing a bit more site work the past two days, which is why there was a lack of a nightly yesterday. There's nothing special today, however I'll be releasing Alpha 1 tomorrow.

• Upon loading a page, you will now automatically scroll to the top
  • Implemented browsing history. There's no buttons yet, just console commands.
  • Began work on statistic collection. The information collected will be used to show developers both the usage of their add-ons and the adoption rate of new versions.

All that I'm planning on doing before Alpha 1 is adding a button to the main menu to open the Mod Manager and adding in the forward/backward buttons to make the browsing history actually useful.

Is it possible to bind this to a key?

Is it possible to bind this to a key?
He said he's gonna add a button to the main menu it just opens when you launch Blockland atm. You can open it with canvas.pushDialog(GlassModManagerGui); for now I guess.

Alpha 1

As promised, alpha 1 has been released!

Notable changes:

• Browsing history buttons are in
  • The mod manager is now accessible through a keybind, which defaults to ctrl m
  • The keybind can be changed by pressing the "keybind" button

Enjoy! The nightly builds will now be on the development branch. You can pick-up the alpha here.

The add-on is inside another folder.

Ah, fantastic. It's been pushed again.

Nightly Update 7-22

The nightly updates can now be found on the development branch. You can download it here.

Notable changes:

• Support_Updater is now required. Honestly, I'm not sure why someone wouldn't want it anyway.
  • There is a custom GUI that take place of the default Support_Updater one. The reason for this is so that both Glass data and the update information can be displayed together efficiently, making the whole process much more streamlined. If you have a huge objection to this, you can use $BLG::MM::UseUpdaterDefault = true; and restart Blockland.
  • As you can see above, subcategories are now rendered
  • The Bargain Bin is available in-game
  • An RTB archive button was added and opens up the archive in a browser. This will be another reason to motivate owners to import their add-ons when they get a chance
  • Fixed a bug where screenshot thumbnails weren't updating

Since everything added to the last nightly was pretty wholesome, I'm going to go ahead and push that as Alpha 2. So,

Alpha 2

Notable changes:

• Support_Updater is now required. Honestly, I'm not sure why someone wouldn't want it anyway.
  • There is a custom GUI that take place of the default Support_Updater one. The reason for this is so that both Glass data and the update information can be displayed together efficiently, making the whole process much more streamlined. If you have a huge objection to this, you can use $BLG::MM::UseUpdaterDefault = true; and restart Blockland.
  • As you can see above, subcategories are now rendered
  • The Bargain Bin is available in-game
  • An RTB archive button was added and opens up the archive in a browser. This will be another reason to motivate owners to import their add-ons when they get a chance
  • Fixed a bug where screenshot thumbnails weren't updating

Sorry for the lack of news, but the mod manager is pretty much where I want it in terms of functionality, so a lot of work has been on the site end or back-end add-on work.

I don't believe that statistics will be included in the initial release, but the back-end will be there to support it so that I won't need to release an update to the add-on, only update the site.

The in-game portion of the RTB imports is coming along.

The only large features I'm planning on introducing before entering beta are the ability to leave comments and submit ratings. After beta, I only plan on doing tweaks and bug fixes.

Nightly Update 7-26

• Added independent prefs page
  • RTB Imports are now functional in-game
  • Comments can now be posted
  • Added board headers

Alpha 3

Likely the last alpha. I've released this to coincide with the site release of RTB imports. The only notable change since the last nightly is a bugfix for the comment box.

I've only been gone a week - you've made so much progress!

Beta 1

There's no more features that I'd like to introduce before release, so we've entered Beta! Please keep an eye out for bugs, tweaks, glitches; they're all very important!

• Removal of lots of console debug
  • Authentication now waits for the Blockland Auth to succeed
  • "Default" button on add-ons page is now functional
  • Add-On settings button now displays version
  • Very VERY simplistic markdown support
  • Various bug fixes