Blockland Glass Development

Author Topic: Blockland Glass Development  (Read 25302 times)

Nightly Update 8-22

As I said earlier..

• Support for dependencies. They're currently only displayed, there's no download button yet
  • Ground work on server control. You can now register preferences! Bind the GUI to a key and join a server running Glass (the same nightly, that is)
  • Beginning work on preloading, aka loading Glass before every other add-on.

Some quick documentation for the preferences, subject to change:

GlassPreferences::registerPref(%addon, %title, %type, %parm, %default, %callback)

%addon - The filename of your add-on, aka "System_BlocklandGlass"

%title - The title of the preference you're making

%type - The type of pref. Currently available: int, text, bool, slider

%parm - The parameters of the input.
 - int: "minimum maximum"
 - text: "maxlength"
 - bool: none
 - slider: "min max"

%default - The default value

%callback - the function called when the value has been updated.

Because this is a nightly, this is all subject to change.

I'm planning on making some custom profiles so that things don't look so.. early 2000s

Super cool, glad this is becoming more than an add-on hoster. And some custom profiles is a good idea.

Regarding prefs, I always thought RTB was missing these:

- Large text areas
- Resizing the prefs window to fit larger texts
- Subtitles or mouse over hints for prefs to tell new users what each prefs does in detail
- Adding seperators between prefs of the same add-on

You could also add a few more cool features that a few add-ons could make good use of:

- Support for adding custom buttons in the prefs section that execute a callback function, for example an add-on could register a button "Clear Stats"
- Dynamically adding/removing prefs or updating values while the gui is open

Thanks for the suggestions. They're all great actually, I'll try to work all of them in.

why isn't my account verifying

Do I have to wait before I can verify my account? I've registered and have the add-on in my add-ons folder, but there's no "verification GUI" coming up.

also how come it says there's five files in Emotes even though there's only two
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 03:05:17 AM by Blocky943 »

I'll investigate. I'm going to assume the file count has something to do with deleted/failed files being included.

There's currently a service outage. Should be back online by around 3 pm EST.

EDIT: All is normal.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 03:01:55 PM by Scout31 »

If I upload an add-on and people download it are they still able to update it with Support_Updater or do they need BLG? And does it tell them to get the updater?

just a suggestion
in the server preferences tab, maybe you could have a list of addons that have prefs off to the side? that way it's not so cluttered

Add a vector and a list for the input parm :)

If I upload an add-on and people download it are they still able to update it with Support_Updater or do they need BLG? And does it tell them to get the updater?

Only Support_Updater is needed for updates. No, it doesn't tell them to get the Updater.

Only Support_Updater is needed for updates. No, it doesn't tell them to get the Updater.
I assume it'll just install the updater in the background if they don't have it?

Lines like this aren't flagged as dangerous:

Code: [Select]
%p.schedule(1900, delete);