Recommend me a phone

Author Topic: Recommend me a phone  (Read 1475 times)

you really love this gif don't you?

ontopic:
if you really want extreme battery life get the droid turbo

that gif made me laugh violently and i don't know why

can recommend this phone, solid 24/7 wi-fi and a 6 hour battery life

Supposedly the Snapdragon 810 has overheating issues, so it's probably not a good idea to go with the oneplus two or any phone that uses it. Try a Galaxy S6, it's exynos SoC beats the 810 in pretty much everything and doesn't overheat. Crappy software is the biggest issue, but knowing the community the problem should be solved within several months.

Supposedly the Snapdragon 810 has overheating issues, so it's probably not a good idea to go with the oneplus two or any phone that uses it. Try a Galaxy S6, it's exynos SoC beats the 810 in pretty much everything and doesn't overheat. Crappy software is the biggest issue, but knowing the community the problem should be solved within several months.
Gah that was a rumor that got blown up and caused enough worry that samsung stupidly decided not to use it in their latest flagship model; The 810 has no overheating issues; overheating in that the temperature it reaches is worrisome - it became so outlandish that qualcomm actually designed a second version of the 810 to "rectify" the issue and appease samsung.

I suggest the LG G4; absolutely beautiful display and lg makes gud stuff yo
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 10:37:09 AM by Tenshi »

can recommend this phone, solid 24/7 wi-fi and a 6 hour battery life
6 hour battery life? Pfff, pleb-tier.

I actually have heard of this and looked at some comments from the developers of the OnePlus 2, they're using the 2nd version of the processor (that Tenshi mentioned) that has no overheating issues. The LG G4 looks amazing but the battery life seems a bit lacking (Confirmed by my mom, who actually owns one), and the S6 looks better in that regard. It's a tough choice between the OnePlus 2 and the S6...

The LG G4 looks amazing but the battery life seems a bit lacking (Confirmed by my mom, who actually owns one), and the S6 looks better in that regard. It's a tough choice between the OnePlus 2 and the S6...
yah it makes me sad
like battery life for the LG G2 was wicked in that I could go days without charging it, I think the longest I went without charging it was 160ish hours and the average was like 140 hours. Though with android lollipop i'm lucky to reach 3.5 days.

I blame furries.

yiff yiff

Be careful with the OnePlus 2, if the rumors are true it will certainly be a top tier phone. Though you need to be careful about what band it uses as it might not use the specific bands broadcast by carriers in maple-syrup land. Me mum has an S6 Edge and she absolutely loves it. She has always been a samsung junkie and though they aren't my thing; they are certainly high quality phones.

do yoself a flava; if u gon git teh s6, git teh s6 edge

cuz who doesn't like edging

the G4 is really good

Yeah, when I was picking a phone at the time everyone I asked mentioned the overheating issues. Didn't care to look into it at the time since the exynos is, statistically speaking, superior by a small margin anyways.

If you need a phone now, best to just get an s6. Unless you're looking forward to rooting & unlocking, which will take time for the community to pioneer since the exynos isn't particularly popular.

Wait for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5?

I have an LG Optimus L90, its the cheapest smartphone I could find, put its overall pretty good.