Author Topic: Creating a FULL LENGTH Movie in Blockland!  (Read 17749 times)

Image by Bdarty

Hey there everyone! I've decided to start this extremely ambitious project to create a full length movie in Blockland!

Plot Idea

The movie will be following the history of the world, starting with what caused WW1 and the war itself. Before you run away screaming, understand it won't be as boring as you think. History has the most amazing plot I've ever seen so I'm going to use it! Don't worry, there'll be lots of action and story. I'll be splitting it into 3 parts, roughly 20 minutes each.

After everything gets organized the filming and the building process could take up to 4 months.

Builders
     Taking on a project this size is too big for one person, any one who will be committed to helping can email me at ToAoTrance@gmail.com, more about whats required in the email later. If you're comfortable about potentially working for 50+ hours building for the different scenes let me know in the email and we can discuss payment for it. If you just want to help out of the kindness of your heart thats fine too. I'm willing to 'hire' 5 people. If I already picked five people but you still want to help out email me an application and I'll let you know all the building dates and the server password. (you will be credited in the final movie)

Builds needed will range from vast open battle fields to compact town areas and detailed interiors. If you want to apply for a builders position email me at ToAoTrance@gmail.com with your application which needs to include your Blockland name, BL_ID, Experience, at least 2 screenshots of your work, note about why I should pick you, your time zone, and how many hours a week you're willing to spend on it. I can't stress this enough, DONT over exaggerate how many hours you can work each week, it won't improve my chances of picking you.

Actors
     Acting isn't as hard or important as building, but it's still needed. Some battle scenes could take up to 60 actors to complete. I'll pick out around 100 people for acting, if you get picked you will be grouped with people in your same timezone. I'll organize recordings a week in advance with all the actors. Let me know if you can make it, if you cant I'll have to find someone else to fill in. If you want to apply for acting email me at ToAoTrance@gmail.com with this info.

Blockland name, BL_ID, time zone, you will be required to use Skype or teamspeak, If you don't feel comfortable talking in a large group, or being in one don't apply. I'm going to be letting you all know what to do through a group call, it just makes it easier. Lastly times of day when you know FOR SURE you can be on (important info for organizing the acting sessions).

Voice Over Artists
     This will probably be the hardest spot to fill, because I'll need about 15 voice actors who'll all be on around the same time.

If you want to apply email me at ToAoTrance@gmail.com with this info.

Blockland name, Skype username, time zone, and the hours a day when you'll be available. I'll email you the script for a certain recording session a week in advance. I'll also organize the recording session date and time with everyone.

Modeling Division

Lead by Johnny Blockhead

Modelers are an important part of this project, if you want to apply for this position email me at ToAoTrance@gmail.com your BL_ID, Blockland name, past experience, and examples of your work.

Positions Filled

actors (all positions filled)

3/5 hired builders

12/20 builders

6/15 voice over artists

2/4 modelers

I'd like to give a big thanks to everyone involved, you will all be credited in the movie.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 08:10:49 AM by ToAo-Trance »

I want to particip8, m8!

Seems like an interesting concept.
Hopefully it will turn out well.

Seems like an interesting concept.
Hopefully it will turn out well.
I have high hopes

this sounds cool

It's definitely a big project, but I think it'll turn out.

You just joined the forums and you already want to do something that hasn't been done before. Ok well wow.
Just asking as information for a possible sign up. How much time is dedicated for each role?

You just joined the forums and you already want to do something that hasn't been done before. Ok well wow.
Just asking as information for a possible sign up. How much time is dedicated for each role?

Each actor would probably end up putting 10 hours in after the first few months of recording, the more dedicated actors could put in double the amount. I try to organize the schedule so as not to over work any one.

Like I said in the topic, paid builders would put about 50+ Hours by the end of it. Normal builders are free to come and go when they want.

Voice over artists would (hopefully) spend a few hours reviewing the script. Every voice recording session will take 30 minutes to an hour.

This is my steam ALT, I just thought it would be best to use it instead.

How long is "full length"? Thirty minutes? An hour? Two hours?

How long is "full length"? Thirty minutes? An hour? Two hours?
if a bl movie is 2 hours then it better be loving good

if a bl movie is 2 hours then it better be loving good

Its going to be roughly 100 minutes. Don't worry, its going to be good. We started work on the original idea 2 months ago.

are-
are you serious
I had dreams of this when I was loving 8

Sounds cool and something I would really like to see get completed. I'll think about submitting an application.

are-
are you serious
I had dreams of this when I was loving 8
Lol, same here.