Author Topic: Blockland on Cheap Chromebook! (Proof)  (Read 2623 times)

I received my newest household computer addition today; my Acer c720 model I won off and eBay auction for $71. I did the norm that people do on Chromebooks, but I took it one step further. Along with installing Linux for a more standard set of features, I installed Wine with the intent to run Blockland... And my friends on this low quality laptop I can run Blockland just as well as my desktop at 60FPS. The 2 downsides as to be expected, are that your battery get wrecked and it is the only thing I can do to make this laptop begin to heatup. The battery issue isn't really an issue, and neither is the heat cause the highest I have gotten it to go is still under 35C.

Specs: 2 Gigs of ram, Intel celeron 2955U clocked @ 1.4 Ghz, 16 Gig SSD, and 1366 x 768 Res screen.

Video proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs7Q9oAV5Kk
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 12:38:11 PM by Mule »

You'll need to provide a common situation to test the FPS against. I'm certain that the desktop runs it loads faster unless it's some 5-year old destitute prebuilt.

also gl with intel integrated running at good framerate

also gl with intel integrated running at good framerate
That temperature is still on the low side when it comes to computers: my GPU idles at 34C usually and my CPU gets much higher (50-60ish) because I've overclocked it.

It'll most definitely run, probably pretty well as I've run blockland on much worse specs. However the real question is whether shaders will run or not.

Afaik that isn't good.
I just got a case fan because of it.

Afaik that isn't good.
My brother's laptop gets above 70C (just before it dies). 35 is a good temperature.

35F is a good temperature, yes
:^)

Afaik that isn't good.
90 degrees Celsius ( 194F ) is sorta the upper bound of temperatures standard computers can handle. 95 degrees Fahrenheit is really cool for a computer.

You'll need to provide a common situation to test the FPS against. I'm certain that the desktop runs it loads faster unless it's some 5-year old destitute prebuilt.
3 Year old Custom rig my dad payed for (Money was not Prohibitory)

Setro what the hell is your temperature goal for your computer? I aim for under 60C (140F)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 08:35:11 PM by Mule »

I want my computer to be as cool as possible, as would anyone else
unless you live in Antarctica or something

I want my computer to be as cool as possible, as would anyone else
unless you live in Antarctica or something
you can want it to be as cold as you want, it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with 35c...

35F is a good temperature, yes
:^)

i cant tell if this :^) is an indicator of smug sarcasm

Video proof provided by common demand!
I want to see the video! Please?

i cant tell if this :^) is an indicator of smug sarcasm
That's how I interpreted it, could be wrong though.

Off topic: When Setro is involved in something you have to stay reminded of who he is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmbx-rZQ-Dk

I want to see the video! Please?

Updated OP with video, video is of stuffty phone quality and I has unfitting music cause I dont want my grunts and cold noises on the video.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 12:37:14 PM by Mule »

Off topic: When Setro is involved in something you have to stay reminded of who he is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmbx-rZQ-Dk
Date Registered: January 17, 2015, 09:29:36 PM
Video published on Jul 3, 2014
stop bandwagoning. i haven't done anything to you.

ontopic: type metrics(fps); into console and record again.