Google is now owned by Alphabet

Author Topic: Google is now owned by Alphabet  (Read 1657 times)

If there was only an addon which could get rid of ads...
Ublock doesn't cut it with google man, even if you block their ads, they still snoop through your gmail and place what looks like two emails into your inbox but they aren't  they are just ads.

Its really just the fact they try to double their ad revenue everywhere, youtube, gmail, I don't know about g+ though.

google is an advertising agency

Ublock doesn't cut it with google man, even if you block their ads, they still snoop through your gmail and place what looks like two emails into your inbox but they aren't  they are just ads.
No, they don't.

No, they don't.
Heres a snip from one of my ancient gmail inboxes with ublock installed.

I've had a gmail account for five years and I've never had an ad, even when I don't have an adblocker enabled. Are you sure you don't have tons of adware?

I've had a gmail account for five years and I've never had an ad, even when I don't have an adblocker enabled. Are you sure you don't have tons of adware?
How could it be adware if its a fresh install of windows 10 on a laptop?
Are you sure you just never noticed this in gmail?

How could it be adware if its a fresh install of windows 10 on a laptop?
Are you sure you just never noticed this in gmail?

wtf, i've had a gmail account for almost 8 years and I've never even seen an ad the whole time

This isn't sent by google. You either signed up on a sketchy site or a spam bot randomly guessed your email.

these however, are generated by google. they aren't emails.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 07:53:45 PM by Ipquarx »

This isn't sent by google. You either signed up on a sketchy site or a spam bot randomly guessed your email.
Never did they are made by google.

these however, are generated by google. they aren't emails.

Ipquarx is right here, I don't know how you guys never noticed these.

For those of you who are thinking it might be due to something that's opt-in, I opt-out'd of interest-based advertisements and this is the new message it gave me:

Still based on the content of your emails.

MMMM
I ALSO CANT WAIT FOR
GOOGLE A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,M,N,L,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z

MMMMM AND PLATINUM EDITION OF ALL
5 dola each

MMMM
I ALSO CANT WAIT FOR
GOOGLE A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,M,N,L,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z

MMMMM AND PLATINUM EDITION OF ALL
5 dola each

is there something you need to talk about

For those of you who are thinking it might be due to something that's opt-in, I opt-out'd of interest-based advertisements and this is the new message it gave me:

Still based on the content of your emails.
I don't really get why this is a problem
it's not an invasion of privacy any more than it is for them to just host your emails
no human being ever looks at them. it's just software. and it certainly doesn't send the buyers of the ads any information about who they're being shown to either