Author Topic: Blockland Glass 4.2  (Read 291102 times)

Code: [Select]
Entering GlassCheckModeratorButton()
   Entering GlassLiveUser::getFromBlid(49865)
   Leaving GlassLiveUser::getFromBlid() - return 0
Leaving GlassCheckModeratorButton() - return 0
Entering BLPrefUpdateTick()
   Entering BLPrefCheckUpdates()
   Leaving BLPrefCheckUpdates() - return 12723
Leaving BLPrefUpdateTick() - return 1212
Leaving BLPrefUpdateTick() - return 1214
Leaving BLPrefUpdateTick() - return 1216
Leaving BLPrefUpdateTick() - return 1218

Is this really necessary?

Not sure what's with GlassCheckModeratorButton, but as discussed a few times BLPrefUpdateTick is the only way to really catch pref changes that happen outside of Glass.

Could you maybe decrease the frequency? Maybe once every 15 seconds?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 11:10:58 PM by DurkaDude »

A small patch, 4.2.6, has been released.
  • Fixed server settings not loading after restarting a non-dedicated server
  • Changed the preference change auto detection tick from 1 second to 15 seconds

A small patch, 4.2.6, has been released.
  • Changed the preference change auto detection tick from 1 second to 15 seconds
:cookieMonster:

Is there any way to turn off the periodic authentication thing that Glass does in the background. I get a small lag spike literally every time it happens.
Does Glass really need to authenticate with your servers over and over again as it is?
I don't use Glass live or anything like that, only the ingame preferences manager and the colorset selection, and I can't see why it would need to constantly authenticate just for those functions.

are glass servers not working for anyone else?

are glass servers not working for anyone else?
are u using the server I gave you?

are u using the server I gave you?
This is why (see attached)

I'd tell you why but I would rather have Jincux explain it since he owns it.

Is there any way to turn off the periodic authentication thing that Glass does in the background. I get a small lag spike literally every time it happens.
Does Glass really need to authenticate with your servers over and over again as it is?
I don't use Glass live or anything like that, only the ingame preferences manager and the colorset selection, and I can't see why it would need to constantly authenticate just for those functions.

If you're not using any online functions (mod manager, live, server previews) then you can overload the auth functions:

Code: [Select]
function GlassAuth::authCheck(%this) { }
function GlassAuthS::authCheck(%this) { }

We keep sessions continuously authenticated to prevent session hijacking, so it requires periodic check-ins. We also do this to reduce the number of times we have to check with Blockland's auth server and make sure there's an auth token readily available for Glass Live.

I'll see if there's an intuitive way to work this in to an update, but there probably isn't without some extensive changes.

kind of irritating to look at the RTB archived mod list only to find that there's no pictures of the mod i'm looking at.

if i provided photos of every mod and it's function could you update the list to show it?

can you please just go to the daprogs archive and download the descriptions and screenshots kthx
also the forgetin boards tab on the mod manager keeps freezing so i have to keep clicking activity, waiting 10 years for it to load and then clicking back and finding my page again