Kreon's Community RP

Author Topic: Kreon's Community RP  (Read 9308 times)

I've been coming to this server ever since maps were still around, and I've been admin for a year now. I can tell you most of the bans on the server are wholly justified. While I have been guilty in the past of ignoring chat and instead building, understand that admins are people too and that to address people 24/7 would mean they would have to exclude themselves from the action, not to mention that most of the claims of freekilling are unsubstantiated claims made by children who don't know what it means. If you can find us on the map (it's not that hard) and communicate with us directly, we can absolutely help you.

Some ideas I think would improve the server, but then again thats just me:

A More Prestigious Area
One of my least favorite aspects of RP servers on BL is that fact that, to be honest, almost none of the server population is good at building. As a result you end up with hideous houses and you can only be so strict with deleting ugly houses before you end up with like three buildings in the whole server. I think there should be an area where only people who are verified decent builders can build. Id expand this idea with... has existed in the past, don't know why they got rid of it

Stricter Zoning
It bothers me when I walk out of a two story suburban mansion and across the street is a six story office building next to a one story purple movie rental shop. There should be stricter zoning - Buildings in the city should have to be a certain height and I think it'd be neat to even enforce certain themes - That way areas start to look more like neighborhoods and less like conglomerated poop towns. Commercial/Residential/Industrial zoning would also be nice and would help better define neighborhoods. Its really weird to have houses mixed in with research shops. Of course this takes a lot of enforcing which is why I think it would also need.... haven't seen the new map but the old one had residential/commercial/industrial zones

Better Admins
Ive been on there one day and theres already admins who just drive around in cars the whole time ignoring chat, and Ive heard of admins abusing their power and not getting disciplined. The admins should be more thoroughly examined and should be disciplined for breaking rules just like the rest of the server is. I mean yes, admins should have some special priviliges (F8ing etc) but they should not be able to freekill and get away with it. The divide between the admins and the rest of the populace only weakens the sense of... I've never seen cases of admins freekilling; if they are killing someone it's probably deserved

Community
There should be events and crap. Nothing too special but like, "Hey theres a party at [place]!" or maybe even fake holidays or contests or crap. Something to bring the server together and actually give them something to do other than roleplay getting a dirty lewinsky in the bathroom of a gas station. The reason I dont think we see a lot of this is probably the same reason I dont ever do any events, its because there is no point when its 100% guranteed that someone will come shoot it up the second after its announced. This is why we also need... very good idea

Stricter Jail Times for Murder
There should be a legit (And increasing per kill) penalty for killing people. I dont think you should get banned for killing someone, but if youve killed six people maybeeee you should get like a half hour in jail. This might help defer people from gunning people down because theres nothing else to do, and will make it easier to throw community events because you wont have to worry about it being shot up. The whole island shouldnt be the equivalent of a BL Detroit. This last one will probably be the most controversial but I also think there should be an... i wouldn't know what jail times are as I don't RP as a cop but from what I've seen the freekillers eventually get banned after several jail visits

Enforced New Life Rule
You should get killed just to spawn and then immediately go gun down your killer. There should be an enforced new life rule like there is on most roleplays, where if you die you have to either:
  • Have actually died (make a new name etc) or
  • You retain your identity but you cant go shoot down your murderer (My preferred choice as its less annoying to the player)
already exists to a degree (at least it was last time I was there)

Idk how you people feel about any of this and idk how Kreon feels but these are just ideas theyre not like demands or anything. It just sucks to see topics like this were people are almost unanimously agreeing that the server has serious issues.

I'm posting this from my phone so I'm sorry if the formatting is a little icky

they closed it for a while i guessing until people forget about this drama

thats a bit of a large assumption

or maybe he's addressing the criticism brought up and remaking his server?

I agree with all of this and changes are going to be made.

Brickitic:
It isn't even your house.  You are building it for Facebot.  I explained to him over steam what I meant by the violations.  They were kind of a joke.  As for driving in the water, you drove in it on purpose during an RP situation.  (at least thats how it looked from my perspective.)  If your car ever goes into water during a chase, you should exit it.  If we were truly bothering you while you were building, I apologize.  you should have asked us to stop.  The kill brick on your part though was failrp and against the rules. Your ban has already expired.

For all the other people saying admins ignore them and that there is too much RDM, I agree.  Admins don't ignore people on purpose.  Sometimes there is too much going on in OOC and people using it incorrectly for me to see or I'm AFK without announcing it. 

Changes will be made to the administration and coltens changes will be made.  also maxx you can be a cop. i was too busy to train you at the time and gave a dumb excuse

server will probably be passworded a little more than usual tomorrow for maintenance and updating the rules

well i'll see when im on i guess

correct

He said he's guessing.
poor choice of words i guess. i mean that this drama isn't really as big a deal as he's making it out to be. he isn't closing it for the drama to "blow over"

poor choice of words i guess. i mean that this drama isn't really as big a deal as he's making it out to be. he isn't closing it for the drama to "blow over"
Yeah I agree lol, I've never seen a drama utterly ruin a server.
correct
Well there we go

Is there an estimate to when the server will be back for public use? It bugs me that my house was left unfinished lol.

Is there an estimate to when the server will be back for public use? It bugs me that my house was left unfinished lol.
Pretty sure no