Is it art?

Author Topic: Is it art?  (Read 945 times)

I decided to make a trackmania car and share it in the art section of another forum I frequent. That was yesterday, today less than an hour ago I was notified by an admin that it had been locked because "it isn't art." This made me pretty angry because I spent hours on it but after reading over the rules my anger switched. The rules for the art (which I skipped because I assumed it would be along the lines of no gore or research.) stated that unless it is hand drawn or made in an image making software it isn't art. Image making software.

My question to you guys is this, does something have to be made by hand or in an image software to be art? Can something from blockland for example be considered art even though it's original intention is not to make art and rather to have fun and fool around?

A white screen with a black border is art on its own.

if the rules say that it had hand drawn then your model doesn't qualify on that website. all the same, it's still art so the lock reason is wrong but thems the rules

if the rules say that it had hand drawn then your model doesn't qualify on that website. all the same, it's still art so the lock reason is wrong but thems the rules
We are not here to discuss the lock as I accept that I deserved it. We are here to discuss what is art.

anythings art if you're brave enuf.

what is art.
Baby don't hurt me

Art is basically any piece of work that can be interpreted in various ways.

Copy it into a drawing program and repost it

Well, let's see the skin first things first.

Let's see that skin first mate.

Well, let's see the skin first things first.
Let's see that skin first mate.
It's better for us all if I don't show it

Did Nadeo remove your skin privileges?

Did Nadeo remove your skin privileges?
It isn't uploaded on a manialink (because I don't know how to set one up)

As long as it isn't the absolute worst thing in the world, we should all be fine with you showing us it.

As long as it isn't the absolute worst thing in the world, we should all be fine with you showing us it.
To the forums it is the worst thing in the world, also it is only version 1 and has a ton of empty space I intend on filling.