Author Topic: accidentally downloading windows 10, any way to stop it?  (Read 1308 times)

/title

last night, i was attempting to update my computer because there were 17 important updates for windows 7, and when i stopped it to allow a hotfix for my anti-virus, windows 10 update somehow automatically selected itself and began to download. i tried to restart and stop the download, but it has no effect on it whatsoever.. is there any way i can go in and somehow reset windows update so i can keep my current os and not get nagged about the new os version, AND download the 17 important updates?

update: not that it matters, but it seems to have fixed itself somehow, but i have 2 windows update processes according to task manager

« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 01:26:50 PM by Blockz »

download it and you can revert back easily via settings

Only at the end do you realize the power of the Dark Side windows 10.

Or just...
Get windows 10. Its not that bad.

Or just...
piss off
if he wants help to REMOVE windows 10, you don't say 'get windows 10'
we don't give a stuff about your opinion, if he wants to remove it, that's his choice.

anyway op, just let windows update download it but don't actually start the proper downloader

piss off
we don't give a stuff about your opinion, if he wants to remove it, that's his choice.

anyway op, just let windows update download it but don't actually start the proper downloader
Who pooped in your ass this morning

if he doesn't want to get windows 10, he doesn't have to
the world doesn't revolve around your point of view

he wasn't ordering him to keep windows 10
he just gave his suggestion

piss off

piss off

congrats pal you tried acting like a higher authority and ended up looking like an starfish in the process

Anyways there's a tool on Microsoft's website to disable it or opt out, search for it
this is the same argument as windows 8 threads on here a few years back. People would just dismiss everything you said just to say windows 8 is bad and nobody would shut the forget up about it ever
government conspiracies to control the sheep
fun fact: there's a tool to disable le botnet
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 10:58:54 AM by Nal »

any specific reason you're terrified of windows 10?

any specific reason you're terrified of windows 10?

join us, theres nothing to be doing of afraid doing the of help caravan centre parks 2 for 1 me offer at tescos

Or just...
Regardless of your opinion or my opinion, he doesn't want windows 10
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 11:19:55 AM by Blockchip »

all that tracking and info stealing stuff on Windows 10 was added to 8 and 7.