Author Topic: Nobody can join my servers because of --- ping  (Read 667 times)

/title, steam friend says it's UPnP loving up. Any way to fix it?
I'd attach the console.log but the file is too large (719 KB)

Forward your ports.
Disable UPnP.

I'd attach the console.log but the file is too large (719 KB)
You can just copy and paste it into the topic like so:
Code: [Select]
Put your console log here.

I never had to, but if I can, I'll try. Instructions for Macs?
Noedit: idk my routers login info. I'll ask my dad when he comes back from his business trip (I think) today.

console.log
I reset the game and just started server, so it reset itself.

I never had to, but if I can, I'll try.
You HAVE to forward your ports in order for a multiplayer server to work. Otherwise, your computer can't establish a connection to the master server because of annoying firewalls.

Instructions for Macs?
Your not installing anything or changing any settings on your computer. All your doing is changing the port settings on your router. The instructions are the same no matter what OS your on.

Noedit: idk my routers login info. I'll ask my dad when he comes back from his business trip (I think) today.
he prob won't know either
google the routers default info or call the ISP

he prob won't know either
Incorrect. There's no reason he shouldn't know unless he simply hired someone or called a friend to hook it up for him and they never gave him the info.

However, Googling the default login info might work.

Incorrect. There's no reason he shouldn't know unless he simply hired someone or called a friend to hook it up for him and they never gave him the info.

However, Googling the default login info might work.
I've never seen anyone have a password other than user or admin
90% of people are never told this information or read it when they purchase their own router

90% of people are never told this information or read it when they purchase their own router
my router comes with a card with the wi-fi pass, admin pass and wifi name
my older routers had the default 'admin' password

if you know your router support UPnP, you can attempt to do what BL is trying to do (and not always succeeding?)
http://upnp-portmapper.sourceforge.net/

I can't port Foward on my house due to our dynamic IPs. I'm looking into Amazon Hosing services.

How reliable is BlockNet hosting?

Why would you install a router and never check it's settings??