Can't connect to servers

Author Topic: Can't connect to servers  (Read 2664 times)

I just got a new internet provider today and now I can't join any servers. I have a good connection and everything besides Blockland works. Help would be appreciated

The bit of the console log that matters
Code: [Select]
Sending challenge request...
Sending Connect challenge Request
Got connect challenge response from 74.91.117.89:28000
Sending connect request
Connection established
Connected successfully, killing other pending connections
Connection with server lost.
Issuing Disconnect packet.
Exporting server prefs
Exporting client prefs
Exporting client config
Exporting rtb prefs
Slayer (Client): Deactivating Slayer
Shutting down the OpenGL display device...
Making the GL rendering context not current...
Deleting the GL rendering context...
Releasing the device context...

Do you get kicked from the server as soon as you join?

Do you get kicked from the server as soon as you join?
Yes. I tried joining 3 different ones

What is your new internet setup? What did you change about it?

What is your new internet setup? What did you change about it?
I went from Verizon to AT&T. I'm not sure what details have changed.

Try to go to http://auth.blockland.us/ and see if it loads.
It loads "auth.blockland.us" in the top left corner

I am having the same problem

I went from Verizon to AT&T. I'm not sure what details have changed.

Oh hey, me too. Maybe it's a thing with AT&T. Firewall protection?

For most people, this is temporary issue fixed by restarting Blockland. Although sometimes it's server-sided.
If restarting doesn't work, make sure that your ethernet cable is securely plugged into both your computer and the wall.
If you're using wi-fi, make sure your laptop isn't randomly disconnecting/reconnecting. This can cause issues connecting to the master server sometimes.

I only get disconnected if whatever my IP was when it accepted my key on start of BL is different from the one connecting to the server, maybe AT&T has issues with IPs

I only get disconnected if whatever my IP was when it accepted my key on start of BL is different from the one connecting to the server, maybe AT&T has issues with IPs
It's very possible that my IP has changed. Assuming that is the problem how can I fix it?

I can play Roblox (not a huge fan of it before anyone jumps on me) and Call of Duty without any issues

It's very possible that my IP has changed. Assuming that is the problem how can I fix it?
I don't believe that the problem is that your IP changed. Almost everyone has a dynamic IP address since statics cost more money. Plus, a lot of ISPs don't offer static IPs to residential accounts.