6 (5.6%)
kind of strict
20 (18.7%)
Not very strict
35 (32.7%)
Our school gave up on rules
11 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Author Topic: How strict is your school?  (Read 3688 times)

there are court papers filed and they pay a house visit if you miss more than 9 days of school, and you have to go and meet with stupid committee of attendance to explain your absences

they told us this at the beginning of the school year and i'm already at like 5 or so absences, wondering if they were bluffing or not
Some districts require you to remain in a classroom with an unexcused absence for a certain number of hours, if you miss more than nine days in a single semester, you might fail due to absences.

two girls got into a fight. one threw coffee and bitchslapped the other one

both one day suspensions

no rules around here

also i heard some guy got away with fingering some girl in a stairwell

Some districts require you to remain in a classroom with an unexcused absence for a certain number of hours, if you miss more than nine days in a single semester, you might fail due to absences.
its a bit of a stupid rule imo, to do that to a student who is on top of their work. a school should be able to correlate a student failing and class periods missed without having this dumb rule that basically guarantees their failure of the course

if they find out that you took a picture while at school then you're suspended
"Sorry sir but the notes are going too fast for me may I take a picture?"
"What wAS THAT?!"
"Nothing."

Because of the amount of data we have to write down in my chemistry course, we're allowed to use computers and take photos of the board. I loving swear, I can get up to 600kb of PURE TEXT in one day.

here's a possible list of stupid things we must do or we must follow
1. we must go to after-school tutorials (we can leave before we set foot in those tutorial classrooms but they SAY it like 'oh you gotta stay or else')
2. we must do accelerated reader (some stupid book testing thing. this year they formed the 'Superhero Reading Committee' that'll go to your 8th block classroom and take you to the library to read and do AR until 5:00 p.m.. ITS BLOODY STUPID.
3. we must wear uniforms (for some god awful reason i don't know what)
4. if i recall correctly we cannot miss school for at least 3 days without a excuse why or else we're forgeted (may be more than 3)
5. no cell phones allowed. if you're caught using one you gotta fork over some cash or wait 1 month.
6. obviously there's rules but if we even forget up we get sent to In School Suspension (I.S.S.) which is like detention except its lead by one of the stricter (and meaner if you're not a good guy) gym teachers and loaded with dumb as stuff students (on one of my own trips to there because of some other asshat's fault i noticed some of the girls there acted like sluts, no joke)
7. don't turn in your homework? off to I.S.S. with you
8. if you don't do your work in school you cannot participate in activities like football (i don't really participate in football but i can feel for the others who do and some of them are even idiots, i put this here because its another stupid thing)
9. they say you must join at least 1 club (or more, if i recall), and they put it as 'YOU MUST OR ELSE'.
school strict rating: my school is a facist state (my opinion anyways)

My school enforces global warming on us.

I go to a private college prep school that's Pre-K through 12th Grade on a scholarship.

• Dress code is khaki/navy blue shorts or pants with a red, white, or black polo shirt tucked. Belts are required, and IDs must be hanging at chest level. If you violate the dress code, they send you to the deans.
  • Occasional drug-sniffing dogs and occasional uniform checks in the middle of class at random intervals. I've had the drug dog come into three of my classes back to back to back in one day.
  • Drugs are an immediate expulsion unless you're an athlete, in which case you get a wag of the finger and slap on the wrist.
  • Photography, unless you're part of the yearbook or newspaper, is typically prohibited, but it's the type of rule that's unenforceable.
  • No personal jackets or hoodies. If you're found wearing one, they send you to the deans.
  • Occasional random iPad or phone checks for inappropriate content or anything drug-related. Usually reserved for the people they're suspicious of.
  • What I'm doing now is actually against the rules, which is no criticism of the school. I am not kidding when I say they have "spies" trolling Twitter, Instagram, etc. and looking for people who badmouth the school just so they can suspend or expel them.
  • All males have to be clean shaven. One bit of stubble and they send you to the deans.
  • If you happen to criticize a teacher, dean, principal, or the president of the school, expulsion.

my rules at my school
dress code (lax af, no belly shirts, no short shorts/skirts, no full length leggings, and a few others I forgot)
ID badges
not sure if related but the male gym teachers are like dictators, females are less dictator-like
loving gym uniforms
be late to class and get after school detention
they count lunch as a class, miss it and after school detention for some reason
no phones, get caught with one and pay 15 dolla to get it back

I guess my school isn't that strict