Poll

Should you be kicked from the server when you die?

Yes
No
I'm 50/50

Author Topic: What Remains - Open World Zombie Survival PvP (Public v1.5)  (Read 10820 times)

its kinda laggy
I never felt lag? You sure it wasn't client lag or something?

ya know what it probably was :I
2brickcount5me

Bump, I went ahead and added a poll about being kicked when you die. Whenever we add more stuff to the server, I'll be able to take off kick on death if majority of the votes are no.

Pros for kick on death:
- PvP can be more fun
The fact that someone you killed was kicked from the server is probably a more fulfilling feeling than knowing they just have to wait 60 seconds to spawn.
- Reset ghosted bricks
When you are forced to re-join the server, it allows you to reset the number of bricks ghosted on the server. This makes it less likely to ghost a lot of bricks while connected to the server, so you will probably lag less.

Cons for kick on death:
- Rejoining is a hassle
Having to rejoin the server can be a big hassle, especially for people with slow loading times.
- Reset ghosting bricks
When your ghosted bricks are reset, it makes it annoying to travel around the map and re-ghost everything.
- Stress on the server
When people have to repeatedly join back to the server after they die, it can be stressful to the server.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 05:49:49 PM by Nobot »

It's a cool idea but maybe just let them stay in the game, orbiting a camera in a set position/town. Also, the hour long wait time is a bit too much, 5-20 minutes max would be good enough.

It's a cool idea but maybe just let them stay in the game, orbiting a camera in a set position/town. Also, the hour long wait time is a bit too much, 5-20 minutes max would be good enough.
I was thinking, if we're not going to have kick on death, we could do first person death. That way nobody can really see their attacker. The wait time for dying would be like 60 seconds.

Um... Hour long wait time? I think you're confused with hardcore mode. In hardcore mode (which will be another server aside from the regular version) it will have ban on death.