Author Topic: siba's GTA:SA - Verdant Bluffs  (Read 43020 times)

I didn't prepare at all for this, I had a single save I was overwriting every single time for convenience.

Windows file history had to have been configured beforehand already, though. And to top that off, that system is usually pretty hit-or-miss for most people. It just doesn't work as advertised.
ive never configured mine to anything and i ran into a problem with a save. i was able to get a back up of it. it wouldnt hurt to check

I didn't prepare at all for this, I had a single save I was overwriting every single time for convenience.
im talking about through the file. rightclick > properties > previous versions
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 11:08:51 PM by Trogtor »

omg, crossing my fingers..

Damn, at least the inner harbor wasn't lost. It looks like that took forever to make.

Trogtor (and windows) saved the day

get visolators autosaver on addons, and get the save saver off of an rtb archive. Although it generates filespam, its easy to clean up and personally ive found i regret losing builds more than the filespam

get visolators autosaver on addons, and get the save saver off of an rtb archive. Although it generates filespam, its easy to clean up and personally ive found i regret losing builds more than the filespam
The save saver from RTB has been known to cause issues. I forget what issues specifically, but there was a period of time on the help section where people just knew it was causing a problem since an update and everyone told you to remove it.

the build looks amazing with shaders on. loving it siba.

glad you were able to fix your save. i personally use rotational/alternating build file saving myself. in case somethings messed up on the current save i always have a second one to fall back on.

The save saver from RTB has been known to cause issues. I forget what issues specifically, but there was a period of time on the help section where people just knew it was causing a problem since an update and everyone told you to remove it.
visolators is not from rtb; its posted on the addons board and is currently on the first page

it fixes those issues and also implements a couple new features that are real nice, such as no generating new saves if the build has the same brickcount/event count, info on the save incl. number of events, and togglable echo-to-chat

I love this build. I can tell a hell lot of time and effort was put into this. Good job siba and to all other contributers.

visolators is not from rtb; its posted on the addons board and is currently on the first page

it fixes those issues and also implements a couple new features that are real nice, such as no generating new saves if the build has the same brickcount/event count, info on the save incl. number of events, and togglable echo-to-chat
Absolutely plan on looking into this.

You said to get two things, and one of those things was the save saver from RTB. I implied only that the save saver from RTB had issues, not viso's autosaver.

As a result of popular demand and someone actually making CJ's house on a quality scale - I've gone ahead and modified grove street to include both CJ's and Sweet's (both made by Pyraax)

For big builds like this I'd suggest saving the map more than once in different locations, for example Siba GTA - LS, Harbor and so on, basicly saving while you're standing in an area so you can load everything in separated save files and it won't lose progress due to ghosting.

As a result of popular demand and someone actually making CJ's house on a quality scale - I've gone ahead and modified grove street to include both CJ's and Sweet's (both made by Pyraax)

Will there be interiors for the buildings you can go into in SA? Or will it only be exteriors.  I guess, are you planning on adding story and would need interiors for it?

Still looking amazing