Author Topic: The Rocket  (Read 2799 times)

Ok, so, I was hosting a server for playing with the NinjaRope, then he comes in, sets a brick to shoot 99 artillery rockets per second and the event took 100 ms, the lag was so unbearable that it crashed the server.

Hmmm, events will really need a Shots/sec limit for non admins.

LOL i was there...You posted this like right after.
I kept spamming CLEAR HIS BRICKS and BAN ROCKET  :cookieMonster:

Exactly what I was thinking

And this is why badspots will rule us all.

Wow 99 per sec must lag like crazy, I can only handle about 35/sec exploding before I lag.

Umm, there is. 5 per second for non-admins and Admins. 99 per second for Super Admins. If you set the limits on bricks people have correctly, the maximum he could have made is 25 (5x5) per second.

I could use the max existing projectiles limit someone suggested (only 15-25 projectiles of yours can exist at once) but then non-admins can't make three decent flamethrowers (which need 10 shots per second to work) but they can have 25 Artillery Rockets or HEGrenades firing?

If you can suggest a better limit on event/shoot spam, do say.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 02:39:01 AM by Space Guy »

Cut the emmiter time on the Hegrenade's explosion emmiters.

But that's altering someone else's mod...

But he's not really doing any bad unless he releases it.

The explosion is evil, Three emmiters with seemingly the same particles. Spewing out grey clouds which reek of lag.

I have a suggestion, fix grav gun with it, I tryed it, it spammed particles on 1 shot per second 99900 ms. it crashed me.

the rocket's a noob, all he does is lag up the server and destroys or paints. he always does this because he cant even build a 10 brick wall without having problems.