Author Topic: 2015/10/13 - The Forgettable Dungeon - Kickstarter complete $17,000 raised!  (Read 116705 times)

Watching their video it seems like it glitched and they killed skeleton john with one hit

Watching their video it seems like it glitched and they killed skeleton john with one hit

Hilariously they managed to find the rarest staff in the game that turns anyone into meat.

Then they managed to use it on the boss, but it happened slightly out of frame.

We got coverage on co-optimus check it out!

http://www.co-optimus.com/article/13655/watch-us-play-the-forgettable-dungeon-what-s-this-game-about-again.html

Edit 2: we got mentioned on a Russian site: http://riotpixels.com/kickstarter-digest-28-10-2015/#more-129896

My Russian ( google translate ) is a little rusty, but they apparently called us a loveual bagel.

"The Forgettable Dungeon - arcade action with all the loveual characteristics "bagel""

But seriously that is cool.
forget my ass why am I always late to all the hilarious stuff

But on a serious note, it's slang for "roguelike" because they sound very similar.
Here, I've translated the entire (kinda short) article for you:
THE FORGETTABLE DUNGEON (Windows, Linux)
Genre: voxel roguelike loveual bagel
Pledge to obtain game: $12
Rough release date: May 2016
Collected: $8k out of $8k

This issue also has a game for those who like worlds that are made of cubes.  The Forgettable Dungeon is an arcade action game with every characteristic of a roguelike, from generated levels and random loot, to the inevitable deaths. The developer states that he took inspiration from the NES hit classics, and promises to add "co-op" for 2-4 people.  One thing that gives the game color is the honest physics: nearly every object can be smashed into colorful "bricks" that fly everywhere in a pretty arc.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 08:58:39 AM by Cybertails1998 »

I think loveual bagel should be the actual genre :cookieMonster:

if i ever make a game i'll be sure to have "loveual bagel" as a secret boss or something

I think loveual bagel should be the actual genre :cookieMonster:
Oh, of course, my mistake.  Fixed.

if i ever make a game i'll be sure to have "loveual bagel" as a secret boss or something

name him erik nagel

rotondo please confirm bagel boss as a thing

a gigantic bagel/donut/circle which stands up and tries to crush players like skeleton john (but larger and can't be hit on the ground), but any players caught in the middle don't suffer any damage. After falling down it can be hit on the outside for reduced damage, but if you're on the inside you can get critical hits/extra damage per hit

My next gif is going to feature the original character DONUT STEEL!

OH MY GOD YES PLEASE MAKE THIS A THING

OH MY GOD YES PLEASE MAKE THIS A THING
given that its not a hugely common meme i think this would be a pretty good freaking awesome punny boss
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 03:31:54 PM by Conan »

« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 03:21:02 PM by dkar093 0 »

My next gif is going to feature the original character DONUT STEEL!

http://i.imgur.com/bVjPUh2.png
If you add the option to save other people's skins use this as the example