2015/10/13 - The Forgettable Dungeon - Kickstarter complete $17,000 raised!

Author Topic: 2015/10/13 - The Forgettable Dungeon - Kickstarter complete $17,000 raised!  (Read 96227 times)

Kickstarter normally verifies your identity afaik, so that they can track you down if you do so.
I seriously friggin doubt this, because it's happened dozens of times.

I seriously friggin doubt this, because it's happened dozens of times.
Which is why they changed some of their policies about two months ago (?). Don't quote me on that but I remember reading about it.

Just to give you guys an update I've been cleaning things up in preparation for the kickstarter beta, look at this exciting pic!

Yeah... sadly nothing too exciting to make a gif out of, but we now have better steam support through inviting friends and such.

I also made it so the game crashes less which is ever so thrilling.

anyways, will the beta release in december include the open world hub?

World hub is going to come later, I'm going to basically try and make a mini LoZ1 generator using the pieces I already have.

I'm actually really excited to work on that but I have to rough out the first 4 dungeon themes before that can happen.

----

The first beta is just going to be a cleaned up version of the Kickstarter demo people were playing, I'm going to then roll out the second theme hopefully soon after that once I make sure everything is working.

First beta is also going to be windows, linux will then follow once I get that fully working, and mac finally when the mac arrives and I compile correctly.

Edit:

Also released a slightly updated character editor,

http://www.odnotor.com/post/134140194919/character-editor-released

I may have already posted this but someone made a subreddit as well if you're into that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/theForgettableDungeon

« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 10:30:41 PM by Rotondo »

Rotondo, don't forget to add error messages for when the user doesn't have OpenGL Support. I just tried to open it up without a GPU (but with an integrated one), and the cmd prompt just stood idle.

I really like the concept and aesthetic of your game, Rotondo. I have a few questions though, so hopefully you can get the chance to respond: will the game ever be available for purchase at some point? Do you have any plans for a Steam release? What about creating forums for The Forgettable Dungeon?

Well of course it's going to be available for purchase, and he claims that it will be available on Steam.

the version of the character generator you put on odnotor seems to be missing these files.

Looks fun. Might buy it when it comes out and make this guy.

Edit: Which one looks the best.
And is there a screenshot button?

Looks fun. Might buy it when it comes out and make this guy.

Edit: Which one looks the best.
And is there a screenshot button?
Rotondo needs to implement character trails to complete this masterpiece.

Middle is the best BTW.

BETA RELEASE

stuffTING PANTS

I am so happy right now

EDIT: I'm so sad right now

when I run the game it creates an unkillable process and freezes Steam
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 06:02:39 PM by Electrk. »

I am so happy right now

EDIT: I'm so sad right now

when I run the game it creates an unkillable process and freezes Steam
console.log

console.log

there is none

I've exchanged some PMs with Rotondo and there's someone else with the same problem. Apparently it might be a Windows 10 issue

there is none

I've exchanged some PMs with Rotondo and there's someone else with the same problem. Apparently it might be a Windows 10 issue

Just for sanity, you did play one of the earlier client only betas on the same windows 10 right?

Since it's not actually getting to the game, I think this is something related to the steam wrapper. I'll try to think of a few things.