computer troubles

Author Topic: computer troubles  (Read 1448 times)

so, i booted up my computer today, and everything was fine until the screen went black for a few seconds. once it came back, it said that an nVidia display driver had stopped responding. i decided to check for updates; sure enough, my drivers were outdated. as i was downloading the new ones, it crashed again - only this time it didn't recover.
so i spent the last hour rebooting my pc trying to download the updates. stupid me decided that i should install them right after they downloaded. computer crashed in the middle of the installation.
i booted the computer back up and, sure enough, 3 seconds into the desktop it went to the black screen. there was a sound of a fan going at the speed of a loving jet inside the computer this time.
i'm not very experienced in these things, but i know some of you are. any ideas on what to do?

sounds like the video card has gone bad, unless that fan was the CPU, in that case, its the motherboard/cpu

what card is it?

laptop or desktop
desktop
sounds like the video card has gone bad, unless that fan was the CPU, in that case, its the motherboard/cpu

what card is it?
GTX 970. temperature was not an issue at all. idles at 27-30°C most of the time. temperatures for CPU were normal as well.
though i don't know if you're talking about temp being the issue
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 03:47:45 PM by fireking »

desktopGTX 970. temperature was not an issue at all. idles at 27-30°C most of the time. temperatures for CPU were normal as well.
oh good i have the same card as you helping will be easy

try a fresh install of windows and see if its still crashing, if it is, its the card or the motherboard

A pc problem thread not made by me?
Whoa

Anyways forget arround in the bios settings or try a safe  boot

The video card night not be bad, it might just be forgeted drivers cuz it crashed in the middle of the driver install. Try booting into safe mode and uninstalling them.

yeah try safemode before we go installing windows again
also try booting to last known configuration

I had a similar problem to yours a while ago. A fix is in the last reply of the thread.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=286974.0

If you have one of those EVGA 'superclocked' cards, those are known to overclock themselves to the point of instability.
Dowload EVGA PrecisionX and bump down the base clock around 25-50 MHz for more stability.

gonna try safe mode. never tried it before in my life which is kinda surprising. wish me luck

not safemode but
windows 10 is nice

funny thing is i downloaded the win10 version
edit: lmfao i'm handicapped i downloaded the 32bit version
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 04:35:12 PM by fireking »

its what you get for buying nvidia B)

its what you get for buying nvidia B)

AMD drivers statistically have more problems than Nvidia