4 killed, 33 injured after drunk driver rams into Oklahoma parade

Author Topic: 4 killed, 33 injured after drunk driver rams into Oklahoma parade  (Read 3366 times)

Job got you down? Shoot your boss and coworkers...stressors removed!
You can't shoot silence, mate.

Are you drunk right now because I thought it was pretty clear we were talking about drinking alchohol.
The uses of alcohol go beyond simply drinking it. Even if you outlawed standard drinks, people would still pull up at the ethanol pump and take a swig, or eat a stuffload of Vegemite (made from yeast extract, also known as beer paste).

Alcohol has quite a few uses to justify why we aren't getting rid of it any time soon.

As for the pick me up, I have depression and I don't drink alcohol. If you rely on alcohol to make you happy everytime something bad happens guess what, you are an alcoholic.
Oh, so because YOU don't do something, that makes it wrong? Well, I'm sorry that we don't all live in the world of ponies, butterflies and rainbows where we just magically conform to your standards of wrong and right.

I didn't loving say "I drink every time somebody says a bad word at me". I said I was having a hard time and, without overdoing it, I had some alcohol here and there to improve my mood so I could continue working. The results were astounding and I'm in a much better place because of it.

Your experience does not entail everybody else's experience of it.

What bridge and what trolling?
How silly of us. We forgot that you're actually this stupid!

The uses of alcohol go beyond simply drinking it. Even if you outlawed standard drinks, people would still pull up at the ethanol pump and take a swig,
Exactly. Just look at the Prohibition

Are you drunk right now because I thought it was pretty clear we were talking about drinking alchohol.
Alcohol is nice because it helps relax you and get you in a good mood, so you can have fun with your friends.

You don't need alcohol to have fun with friends, but it's a different sort of fun when you've had a drink.
And that type of fun changes depending on how much you've been drinking.

I'm the kind of guy who likes to have 2-3 pints of cider or beer in a night, and it leaves me more mellow and relaxed, but fully aware of my surroundings and actions.
There have been a few nights out that would've been unbearable without a few units in my system.

And, like a normal person, I'm perfectly capable of deciding when and how much I drink. I can even turn down drinks offered to me when I don't want to drink.

Just because you're terrified that you can't handle a drink, or because others do abuse alcohol, doesn't mean people are incapable of drinking sensibly, or that it is inherintly dangerous.

Also, a glass of red wine then and now is good for your heart.

You can't shoot silence, mate.
The uses of alcohol go beyond simply drinking it. Even if you outlawed standard drinks, people would still pull up at the ethanol pump and take a swig
Is this a thing in Australia?

hey look, another thread molten derailed.

ot: this is terrible

The uses of alcohol go beyond simply drinking it. Even if you outlawed standard drinks, people would still pull up at the ethanol pump and take a swig, or eat a stuffload of Vegemite (made from yeast extract, also known as beer paste).

Alcohol has quite a few uses to justify why we aren't getting rid of it any time soon.
Oh, so because YOU don't do something, that makes it wrong? Well, I'm sorry that we don't all live in the world of ponies, butterflies and rainbows where we just magically conform to your standards of wrong and right.

I didn't loving say "I drink every time somebody says a bad word at me". I said I was having a hard time and, without overdoing it, I had some alcohol here and there to improve my mood so I could continue working. The results were astounding and I'm in a much better place because of it.

Your experience does not entail everybody else's experience of it.
Nunbered based on paragraph
1) If someone starts taking alcohol from an ethanol pump I am pretty sure they would he arrested. As for eating, your body can't eat all that.

2) Your right not everyone does live in my world of gayness but maybe of they did they wouldn't be depressed to the point of alcohol

3) Overdoing it is subjective and after enough drinking people don't even realize they are drunk

4) Right back at you
hey look, another thread molten derailed.

What are you talking about?

What bridge and what trolling?
The bait is too obvious since your presence in the president thread. Maybe actually try communicating something worth reading instead of throwing a rock at the hornets nest.

people are saying they should make more laws so stuff like this doesnt happen but making more laws never solves anything because if there are laws or rules people will still break them

2) Your right not everyone does live in my world of gayness but maybe of they did they wouldn't be depressed to the point of alcohol
If everyone lived in your world they would be depressed 24/7

Firstly, it looks like you've slammed one too many since your spelling and grammar took a hell of a nose dive.

As for eating, your body can't eat all that.
You've never seen a Vegemite eating content, mate.

but maybe of they did they wouldn't be depressed to the point of alcohol
What a pathetic view of the world to hold.

"If only people saw the world the way I do, because even though I admitted to depression clearly people would be a lot happier thinking like me, and especially since it's absolutely 100% confirmed that there is a stage of depression where you automatically must start drinking excessively. It's not like individuals have different eating/drinking habits! There's a specific pattern!"

Overdoing it is subjective and after enough drinking people don't even realize they are drunk
What the actual flying handicapped forget are you trying to point out with this sentence?

There's a very clear point at which you're over-doing it, and even the drunk morons partying to the point of unconsciousness know when they're "absolutely stufffaced". Some people go out specifically to get extremely wasted, forgoing their limits.

I dunno if you've ever experienced it, but I have, my friends have, and I can confirm that you sure as forget know when you're "drunk". It's a pretty obvious shift. The thing is that people stop caring.

people are saying they should make more laws so stuff like this doesnt happen but making more laws never solves anything because if there are laws or rules people will still break them
Pretty much. For starters drinking while under the influence is illegal, drinking alcohol and driving is illegal, driving with an open bottle in the drivers compartment is illegal, underage drinking is illegal. Manslaughter is a crime, murder is a crime, wreckless driving is a crime, and yet these things still happen because a words on a piece of paper alone can't stop people and these things till happen despite them being allowed. They only work if they get caught and someone is willing to enforce those laws.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 07:51:02 PM by Harm94 »