4 killed, 33 injured after drunk driver rams into Oklahoma parade

Author Topic: 4 killed, 33 injured after drunk driver rams into Oklahoma parade  (Read 3447 times)

The thing about guns though is they have positive uses like hunting and self defense, all alchohol does is dull your senses and get you slowly addicted to a moment of stupid happiness.
I could mostly say the same about TV.

Alcohol is seriously worse than cigarettes
are you serious m8

i'd honestly like to see a good explanation for this ridiculous statement

-snip-
He isn't wrong. My family has a few alcoholics, one of which drank himself to an early grave at 55.

are you serious m8

i'd honestly like to see a good explanation for this ridiculous statement

cigarettes are gross and deadly but it's unlikely that it will seriously hurt anyone but yourself and even then only after years of doing it
while just a single irresponsible, uh, morning... of drinking can lead to something like this

Alchohol is a privilege and if people don't treat it right they deserve it to be taken away. It has been shown time and time again that people are not responsible enough to deal with anything that dulls their senses.
you deserve to have your bridge smashed because you are the most obvious troll I have seen

all alchohol does is dull your senses and get you slowly addicted to a moment of stupid happiness
Alcohol can be used to kill off many certain bacteria so it's often used to clean wounds or act as a cleaning agent. It's commonly used in high dining recipes. Sparing use of certain alcohol can help with concentration (which is why the "Ballmer Peak", funny as it is, actually has a bit of truth to it and was researched).

Further-loving-more, as somebody who recently spent a couple weeks slamming down bottles of alcohol, I can guarantee you that sometimes it's nice to have a cheep pick-me-up when things are pretty down. I'd like to see a gun help me deal with stress attacks.

cigarettes are gross and deadly but it's unlikely that it will seriously hurt anyone but yourself and even then only after years of doing it
while just a single irresponsible, uh, morning... of drinking can lead to something like this
That's not due to alcohol, though. That's due to the dumbforget who can't set him or herself limits.

uh, yeah. but that's not a reason to not make a law against it
I believe he is making the point that laws and their punishments are mostly reactionary. Most people don't drive drunk or rob banks because they see them as immoral or generally bad ideas. The people who commit those types of crimes do not care if the punishment is $10,000 and 10 years in jail or $50,000 and 25 years. They have already made the decision in their mind that it is OK to break society's rules. The laws exist as a set of rules we have agreed to live by but they can't stop someone from thinking it's OK to break those rules for personal gain.

I'd like to see a gun help me deal with stress attacks.
Shoot the stress attacks

Further-loving-more, as somebody who recently spent a couple weeks slamming down bottles of alcohol, I can guarantee you that sometimes it's nice to have a cheep pick-me-up when things are pretty down. I'd like to see a gun help me deal with stress attacks.
that sounds less like an advantage of alcohol and more like the beginning of a bad habit
like stress eating, but with liver cancer

Shoot the stress attacks
Job got you down? Shoot your boss and coworkers...stressors removed!

I believe he is making the point that laws and their punishments are mostly reactionary. Most people don't drive drunk or rob banks because they see them as immoral or generally bad ideas. The people who commit those types of crimes do not care if the punishment is $10,000 and 10 years in jail or $50,000 and 25 years. They have already made the decision in their mind that it is OK to break society's rules. The laws exist as a set of rules we have agreed to live by but they can't stop someone from thinking it's OK to break those rules for personal gain.
Thank you, you worded exactly what I was trying to say, I just couldn't find the right way to explain it.

Alcohol can be used to kill off many certain bacteria so it's often used to clean wounds or act as a cleaning agent. It's commonly used in high dining recipes. Sparing use of certain alcohol can help with concentration (which is why the "Ballmer Peak", funny as it is, actually has a bit of truth to it and was researched).

Are you drunk right now because I thought it was pretty clear we were talking about drinking alchohol.

As for the pick me up, I have depression and I don't drink alcohol. If you rely on alcohol to make you happy everytime something bad happens guess what, you are an alcoholic.
you deserve to have your bridge smashed because you are the most obvious troll I have seen
What bridge and what trolling?

That's not due to alcohol, though. That's due to the dumbforget who can't set him or herself limits.
Your right it isn't alcohol's fault but, it appears as though that dumbforget is actually those dumbforgets.

Job got you down? Shoot your boss and coworkers...stressors removed!
Approved by Red Spy from the