4 killed, 33 injured after drunk driver rams into Oklahoma parade

Author Topic: 4 killed, 33 injured after drunk driver rams into Oklahoma parade  (Read 3472 times)

Let's make an amendment making alchohol illegal. Oh wait we already did that and after a temper tantrum negated it with another amendment.

Alchohol is seriously worse than cigarettes and yet we can't advertise cigs.
Alcohol is just as evil and stupid as the person using it, like a knife, people can choose to not get drunk/to not drink too much the same way people can choose not to be careful with a knife. Knives aren't outlawed because of the "just as evil as the person using it" philosophy, and alcohol is the same way.

So we should just give up?

We need to get people in government who aren't the parents that give kids what they want when they stomp their feet
I don't think you understand that criminals will always exist no matter how much oppression or how many laws the government dishes out.

I have never heard of someone smoking cigs and then getting in a car accident killing others because of the cig, have you?
It's not about driving, they are more dangerous because of long term affects i.e. throat/lung cancer.

cigarettes are gross and deadly but it's unlikely that it will seriously hurt anyone but yourself and even then only after years of doing it
while just a single irresponsible, uh, morning... of drinking can lead to something like this

I have never heard of someone smoking cigs and then getting in a car accident killing others because of the cig, have you?
You're absolutely right. Alcohol itself, not the people who drink and drive, is responsible for death in that scenario. It's also physics' fault for allowing people to accelerate to speeds that they or their vehicle weren't made to handle and stop safely from. And it's the phone's fault for sending a person that message while they're driving and sends them ramming up the back of a semi.

Don't be a forgetwit.

You're absolutely right. Alcohol, not the people who drink and drive, is responsible for death. It's also physics' fault for allowing people to accelerate to speeds that they can't handle. And it's the phone's fault for sending a person that message while they're trying and ram the back of a semi.

Don't be a forgetwit.
Alchohol is a privilege and if people don't treat it right they deserve it to be taken away. It has been shown time and time again that people are not responsible enough to deal with anything that dulls their senses.

Alchohol is a privilege and if people don't treat it right they deserve it to be taken away
It's a good thing we have laws punishing people who don't use alcohol responsibly. Seriously what the forget are you arguing here?

Alchohol is a privilege and if people don't treat it right they deserve it to be taken away
Uh, I think it's closer to a right to be able to drink alcohol. You can get it taken away, but you don't have to earn it.

Ah, I see. If a small group of people can't treat something right, than nobody deserves it.

If we're going with that methodology, let's remove all guns too. Might also need to remove pens since people use those to blind crocodiles.

Harsher laws aren't going to keep people from making bad decisions.
Tell that to anti-gun liberals, lmao

I don't know how it is in the UK, but in certain parts of the US there is a black market for cigarettes because of over-taxation. Like when I was in the middle of nowhere I saw packs of cigs at a gas station for like $3. Back in NY they easily cost $10+ a pack and it was mind blowing seeing the price difference.
There probably is to some extent, as I know taxation is high on cigarettes now as a means of persuading people to quit.
Cigarettes can be purchased quite cheaply however in France/Belgium and other areas of the EU, and it's not uncommon for Brits to travel over on the ferry and bring back large amounts, alongside cheap wine and other alcohol.

There's no duty or tax on items from the EU provided you're bringing them in yourself, they are for your own use (not for a business) and you've paid the proper duty/taxes in the country you bought them from.
So you can bring in all you want, but you may be questioned if you're bringing in lots and lots, since it'll look like you mean to sell them on.

You'll be asked questions depending on how much you bring in, of which there is a list of here.

Are you suggesting a ban on a person having alcohol, or a ban on all alcohol in the country?
Because your first post in this topic suggested the latter, which is ludicrous.

Might also need to remove pens since people use those to blind crocodiles.
I get the feeling that's an australian/southern USA kinda thing, lol.

I don't think you understand that criminals will always exist no matter how much oppression or how many laws the government dishes out.
also this is ridiculous. that is the single most absurd argument people use about this kinda stuff. should murder just be legal since some people are gonna do it anyway?
it doesn't make any sense

Alchohol is a privilege and if people don't treat it right they deserve it to be taken away. It has been shown time and time again that people are not responsible enough to deal with anything that dulls their senses.
What are you even arguing at this point? This is the third time you've just said the same thing.

also this is ridiculous. that is the single most absurd argument people use about this kinda stuff. should murder just be legal since some people are gonna do it anyway?
it doesn't make any sense
That's not what I'm saying at all, I'm not saying murder or robbery should be legal because people will do it anyway, I'm saying that you can't just "stop" a crime from ever happening again.

Alchohol is a privilege and if people don't treat it right they deserve it to be taken away.
People are going to drink alcohol no matter what

That's not what I'm saying at all, I'm not saying murder or robbery should be legal because people will do it anyway, I'm saying that you can't just "stop" a crime from ever happening again.
uh, yeah. but that's not a reason to not make a law against it

Ah, I see. If a small group of people can't treat something right, than nobody deserves it.

If we're going with that methodology, let's remove all guns too. Might also need to remove pens since people use those to blind crocodiles.
The thing about guns though is they have positive uses like hunting and self defense, all alchohol does is dull your senses and get you slowly addicted to a moment of stupid happiness.