Author Topic: Programming Megathread  (Read 106195 times)

necrobump:
do you not know what classes are in ANY language or just python
because if it's the second one then they do the same things they do in other languages
Just in general, since im starting to learn how to c#

Just in general, since im starting to learn how to c#
you were talking about making a programming language[1] and you don't know what classes are? alright man
it is hard to teach in a blockland forum post. but rest assured if you use C# you will become very familiar with classes
in the meantime you could read this, since you already know python: https://learnpythonthehardway.org/book/ex40.html

Bump, anyone have any experience with Assembly?  Any protips, hints, etc. that may be of use?  Currently diving headfirst into it in class right about now.

Bump, anyone have any experience with Assembly?  Any protips, hints, etc. that may be of use?  Currently diving headfirst into it in class right about now.
assembly doesnt really have that much uses tbh, youd be better off learning a more efficient programming language unless your in for the esoteric part of it then im full in on you taking it

assembly doesnt really have that much uses tbh, youd be better off learning a more efficient programming language unless your in for the esoteric part of it then im full in on you taking it
Well regardless of its practicality I don't have a choice, I'm learning it for class.  We've basically covered a good portion of C at this point I think, this class is two parts with probably 2/3rds C and 1/3rd Assembly.  Java was the first line of classes (for covering basics, data structures (trees, heaps, maps, etc.), etc.).

Do you know about gcc's -S switch? It lets you compile C code into assembly. It's very helpful. You can get a great idea on how to implement simple operations in assembly, like array iteration or calling functions. I recommend checking it out if you haven't already.

Well regardless of its practicality I don't have a choice, I'm learning it for class.  We've basically covered a good portion of C at this point I think, this class is two parts with probably 2/3rds C and 1/3rd Assembly.  Java was the first line of classes (for covering basics, data structures (trees, heaps, maps, etc.), etc.).
Watch SM64 reversing videos (by pannekoek and etc). They'll help you get a feel of asm

I learned Batch and I know it's easy and doesn't really have any uses, but it's fun to play around with.

I learned Batch and I know it's easy and doesn't really have any uses, but it's fun to play around with.
>batch
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>batch
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 04:36:41 PM by SubDaWoofer »

?????
he's suggesting that you should use bash instead of windows command prompt

he's suggesting that you should use bash instead of windows command prompt
uh ok.