2015/11/03 - Blockland r1972

Author Topic: 2015/11/03 - Blockland r1972  (Read 80486 times)

Well I have anti FOV mods to prevent what you're doing.
some of us have a higher FOV for multiple reasons
be it a 16:9 resolution
or it's just less headache inducing, i can't stand anything < 110 now-a-days

i actually dislike that it's capped at 120, i wouldn't mind seeing 140, but then again that's easily modifiable anyways

wait why would you enforce fov? that sounds like a rude thing to do.

i can't build without 120 FOV - the view for me is too limited to properly judge what to do next. i'm sure there are others who agree, though i'll admit are not the majority.

You're trying to enforce 75 fov? What is this, 2001? At least 90 FOV is the industry standard, and artificially limiting how far it can go is totally pointless.

i actually dislike that it's capped at 120, i wouldn't mind seeing 140, but then again that's easily modifiable anyways
setdefaultfov(140); and $pref::player::defaultfov = 140;
120 gives me a headache

wait why would you enforce fov? that sounds like a rude thing to do.

i can't build without 120 FOV - the view for me is too limited to properly judge what to do next. i'm sure there are others who agree, though i'll admit are not the majority.
I also build at 120, seems there's more of us than you'd say.

Eh, let's make a client-sided mod to break that crap then.

I switched to 120 a while back and I'm glad I did; it has better visibility
anything below that just looks weird to me now

I switched to 120 a while back and I'm glad I did; it has better visibility
anything below that just looks weird to me now
I played a game at locked 60 FOV today, that's loving half of 120, it feels like you're drunk when playing that.

limiting fov is actually the worst sin that you can ever commit in a video game

limiting fov is actually the worst sin that you can ever commit in a video game

I don't like people using that zoom in feature with the F key for minigames.

Badspot

• Administrator

It's a client side feature, all you're doing is giving more power to people who take the time to defeat your script while making everyone else sick.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 11:58:25 PM by Badspot »

It's a client side feature, all you're doing is giving more power to who take the time to defeat your script while making everyone else sick.

H-have you been drinking tonight..? Sir are you intoxicated?

It's a client side feature, all you're doing is giving more power to who take the time to defeat your script while making everyone else sick.
this sentence was hard to understand

this sentence was hard to understand
It's a client sided feature. There will be a select few people who are going to take the short amount of time to get around Lord Tony's script, thus, gaining an advantage over everyone else. Everyone else is also becoming sick, probably from being forced an FOV they're not used to.

its probably something server sided that keeps the FOV constant or something. which sounds pretty hacky but w/e