Author Topic: Castle Shadowgate (WIP)  (Read 3206 times)

I've been working on rebuilding the original castle Shadowgate in Blockland. Here's some screens:

No ratings.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 05:11:35 PM by the hacker »

what does the outside look like?

what does the outside look like?
Something similar to the outside of CTF Battlegrounds. Not pretty. You never see the castle's outside in the actual game anyway.

Actually, something I noticed while building this is the castle layout shouldn't actually be possible in theory or practice. The game starts out with two branching paths that connect after a few rooms, but if you actually try to build it by the way the castle layout looks, the paths branch out in completely opposite directions. Several rooms had to be rotated in order for the layout to make sense. I made a quick diagram to illustrate this:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 06:28:37 PM by the hacker »

Uhhhh, its very... Bland. I would suggest getting modter brick walls.

Uhhhh, its very... Bland. I would suggest getting modter brick walls.
Not a fan of modter. I kinda want to redo the cave to not use them, though it does do a good job at separating the castle from nature.

Not very detailed
Not really going for visual detail. Closest I want to get is torch placement and functionality.

There better be a shark in that pool

keep going
im a sucker for these types of games

There better be a shark in that pool
No shark yet, but other methods of death are being implemented with it. Touching the slime will kill you, taking the book causes the ground to collapse, and the dragon room is next.
keep going
im a sucker for these types of games
I actually forgeted up and didn't save after taking these screenshots, so I lost some progress. This was a morale killer, but I'll get back to it eventually.

Two bridges done. Can anyone guess which bridge is safe to cross in the game? Without googling it you cheating bastard

the rickety rackety one, without a doubt

stone bridges r such a scam

Son of a bitch I forgot to save. Again. The first two bridges room was a pain in the ass to build, so I'm just gonna redo the room before it and use Teledoors to connect the branching paths.

I also did two other rooms:

The trapdoor doesn't open. I can't bothered to make it work without tearing apart much of the ground beneath it.

This room isn't finished. More detail will come later when I connect the branching paths. I'm mostly doing these rooms by memory, so I don't actually see what they looked like in the original game until I've finished them.

Don't ask me how I'm gonna make the pool freeze. I probably won't. You only get a key in the original game anyway, and none of the castle doors in this build are locked.

you better have music bricks in each room pumping out those 8bit tunes

you better have music bricks in each room pumping out those 8bit tunes
Provide me with a music pack and I can do just that.

Okay, so I tried to take a screenshot of the new bridges room, but...

It didn't turn out great. Basically what I've changed is I made the room much bigger; comparable to the Shadowgate remake:

I've also made the wood bridge thicker, as the planks seemed a little too spacey, and I switched out the big empty void that 1-hit kills you with a big glowing lava plate that 1-hit kills you.