Author Topic: WHAT DO I DO WITH A WII?!  (Read 1556 times)

Stuck in my hometown at my parents house and I'm hungover and I've only got a wii, any cool free games I can download on it?
On a side note: wii is the worst piece of stuff console I've ever used.

wii is the worst piece of stuff console I've ever used.
Have you heard of the Virtual Boy?

Did anyone say trash? No? Great! Throw it in the trash.

Install homebrew and play crappy free indie games

I was big into the Wii exploiting scene for a while. Really, the best you can do is to install homebrew and some emulators with it. Wii can emulate pretty much every other nintendo game console so your set.

smash it!!!
or play smash bros

You could try modding it and downloading some homebrew and emulators, but you would need an sd card and an exploitable game like Brawl. If you're wondering if there's anything free on the Wii Shop Channel then you'll be sorely disappointed as the only free things you'll come across are demos.
On a side note: wii is the worst piece of stuff console I've ever used.
It is the worst console Nintendo has ever made Virtual Boy aside because that doesn't count so I don't disagree with you completely on that one.

lol whats with people hating on the wii

i grew up with it as a kid, its a good system

playstation will always be the best console though imo

but pc master race always reigns supreme

the only reason i didn't really like the wii was because the only game i had for it was wii sports :<

Sell it and buy a fleshlight

All wii games look stuffty. Can't believe my sister actually bought this bantha piss.

I haven't touched my wii since 2011
I wonder where it is now.

lol whats with people hating on the wii
Well for starters the game library is garbage filled to the brim with games that have no quality whatsoever. The only games worth playing are the Nintendo games and even those aren't good at times.
The motion controls are terrible and are tacked on most of the time, I'd much rather play something like Super Mario Galaxy with an actual controller and it would work out the same if not better.
The Online store lacks. anything of interest housing mostly shovelware WiiWare games and overpriced Virtual Console games that lack a ton features to make up for it.
The hardware is pitiful, it's literally an overclocked GameCube with a resolution that looks awful on modern tvs.
The only goood things I can say about it is that it can play GameCube games, the few decent Wii games that exist, and that the moddong scene is pretty good.
All wii games look stuffty. Can't believe my sister actually bought this bantha piss.
Resolution wise or graphically? Some Wii games don't actually look too bad. Games like Metroid Prime 3 and Smash Bros. Brawl have hidden detail in them and look pretty good if you upscale it in a emulator like dolphin. It was almost like those games were made with HD in mind. Some games use stylistic art styles like Red Steel 2 and No More Heroes and fare better graphically than other games on the system.