Author Topic: Psychonauts 2 (!!!!)  (Read 4514 times)

Were you the dumbass who tried to use a chat room for a dozen or so people watching E3 as an excuse to become moderator for a Steam group with three-thousand members?
wot.

Really your going to trust Tim Schafer again after all the money he's pissed away and all the stuff he's made as a result?

pretty much this though. Double Fine pretty much burnt through the money they had for broken age, breaking many people's trust.

My bet is that it's a deadly combo of being too disorganized and too ambitious. For a game development company you need to have set goals regardless of what crowdfunding net you. When Double Fine saw the figures coming in, they promised the fans the world and unfortunately the world was just too expensive for them to meet. Coupled with that, they basically burnt themselves on deadlines and rushed too much of the development to fully flesh out the series they were trying to create.

If anything it set a precedent for the future of Double Fine for better or for worse and a word of advice to everyone in the topic: don't get your hopes up

wot.
Bingo - http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=279363.msg8381592#msg8381592

You know, when you have nothing to argue back with, the usual way out is to not say anything in response. Giving an insubstantial reaction statement just brings you attention that you want to avoid when running away. This normally goes without saying, but since you did the exact same thing last time, I figured I'd better tell you.

The kickstarter seems to be slowing down. Though it's inevitable at this point that it will get funded.

god damn that is some shady business stuff

Hopefully Psychonauts 2 isn't stuff.

A month ago I had some sliver of hope it might go well if this Fig company was making assurances that there'd be some oversight in the development process that may keep Tim Schafer from diverting investment funds for his money-powered jetpack. Considering what it looks like is gonna happen to this company, however, there goes my last hope that this will end well. I never want any game to be terrible, that'd be stupid, and there's always the possibility that Tim has gotten bored of the cash-powered jetpack and switched to a more energy efficient cash-powered smart car or something, but it seems to me there's no reason to think that's the case.