favorite dex weapon

dakra
2 (25%)
furis
1 (12.5%)
sybaris
5 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Warframe Megathread - fifth anniversary - log in before 3/28 for excal skin  (Read 159027 times)

s if im in a clan all i have 2 do is save a certain # of hostages to get the ignis wraith? or do I have to do it with clan members/solo

After you do all 3 of the missions that give you cosmetics you can start to earn points for the clan. IIRC (Haven't finished 3rd mission yet) the highest score you get in the mission is is the your total points, so you cant just repeat the mission again and again. The entire clan member's scores combine into the clan score. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/The_Pacifism_Defect

bump
new update, some things i know:

WEAPONS:
-it now shows stats for "alt-fire" modes (for instance, euphona prime's close-range shotgun mode, use the mouse wheel to activate alt-fire if it's bound to that, probably default)
LOADING THINGIES:
-new loading screen images, featuring octavia
-funky new sound when loading is done
WARFRAME-RELATED THINGS:
-octavia has been released, aka "kill your enemies with sound/blast their eardrums", as well as the weapons that come with her (one can be researched via clan dojo, the other can be bought from the market). octavia costs 225 platinum if you don't want to do the quest/too lazy/don't have the second dream completed
-octavia can be obtained via a cephalon suda-related quest (after completing the second dream of course, blah)
-octavia's parts can be obtained in places like lua (oh no)
-2 new helmets (one for octavia, one for wukong)
-limbo has been reworked. new passive, new other things, blah, it's late and i'm tired so i'll post the rework later
FASHIONFRAME-RELATED THINGS:
-there's a new mode called captura mode (not to be confused with capture) that puts your fashionframe to more use; make a scene and take a picture and make yourself look cool (only 3 "scenes" are available; you can buy more from syndicates & cephalon simaris & the conclave with standing)
NERFS/BUFFS:
-some weapons got nerfed/buffed (including the tonkor, which was nerfed)
UI:
-text has a bit of blur affect on them so you can read them easier
-UI and text are bigger now???
LEVEL DESIGN OR SOMETHING:
-locked corpus doors no longer have red on them
CLANS/DOJOS:
-clan ranks
-to upgrade your clan rank, you need to perform ascension. build things to get affinity/xp/??? for your clan, and then once you have enough, build the ascension altar to begin the ascension ceremony (this is different from clan tier)
-dojos no longer run on host system, rather they use a system like the relays, so you can go in willy nilly (dueling room still uses the same system, however)
MASTERY RANK THINGS:
-new option to initiate a test at the top of the pause menu
-shows what test you're about to attempt, plus rewards and hints
ENEMIES:
-sniper crewmen have a new toy called the ratel, which is basically the corpus version of a roller except smaller and it shoots electricity at you. easy to kill, though they come from a spawn thats thrown by sniper crewmen and will continue to spawn unless the spawn is destroyed. sniper crewmen spawnrate has been increased
-corpus designs were updated (sniper crewmen have new shoes or something, they just seem a bit brighter, elite crewmen look the same as crewmen but with a flux rifle, no more blue)
-nullifier crewmen have this little robot on top of their shield that scales with ceiling height. break this thing, and they'll be unable to make bubbles, snipers and bows are apparently now good/better at taking them down
-sapper osprey spawnrate/spawn cap has been decreased

there's more in the build notes, but this is basically a general rundown of the new update, octavia's anthem

oh and it's warframe's 4th anniversary now, but the dex weapons are stolen so you gotta beat up the corpus, infested, and grineer to get them
on march 28th you'll receive a dex syndana as a log-in reward (goes to april 4th i believe, must log in past 2 p.m., unsure what time zone)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 10:50:40 PM by Blue Screen »

-some weapons got nerfed/buffed (including the tonkor, which was nerfed)
If I stopped playing this game for now I guess I'll stop playing this game some more. #nofunallowed just like they changed Draco. They want to level the end-game playing field... for a loving primarily coop game. I don't get it.

the panthera is really good now.
it went from being mastery fodder to a weapon i can use in end game, it's alt fire now holds a disk which deals slash damage to anything which touches it
it's also absolutely ridiculous when you have a limbo that can stop time;

If I stopped playing this game for now I guess I'll stop playing this game some more. #nofunallowed just like they changed Draco. They want to level the end-game playing field... for a loving primarily coop game. I don't get it.
to elaborate on what got buffed and nerfed, here's the stuff from warframe's forum page. 10 buffed items, 3 nerfed items, though i've shrunken the text size a bit so it doesn't make a massive page stretch, though it still does

so please excuse the page stretch

Miter

The Miter is one of the oldest examples of killer concept with lackluster results. The next Update will bring the following:

Increased chance of dismemberment on kills.
Increased speed of Projectiles.
Charge time has been halved.
Critical Chance of 5% for a quick shot.
Critical Chance of 10% for a charged shot.
Hit detection is now based on the size of the Sawblade.
Mastery Rank increased to 6.

Harpak

The Harpak's stats aren't the worst in the scheme of Primaries, but it has received some love since it is often overlooked.

Recoil has been reduced on the Primary Fire.
The Alt-Fire Charge time has been removed - it is now an instant harpoon.
The Critical Chance has been increased to 20%.
Increased the range of the Alt-Fire from 15 meters to 40 meters.
Increased the flight speed of the Alt-Fire and updated the FX.
Adjusted pull strength of the Harpak’s alt fire to have enemies more likely to end up near you.

Hind

The Hind has more nicknames than most Primaries (Baguette, etc), but not as much use.

We've added a single-shot Semi-Auto Alt Fire to the Hind that has increased Damage, Critical, and Status Chance.

Panthera

Like the Miter, the Panthera is a killer idea with lackluster execution. We've made the following changes:

Primary Fire has been switched to Automatic, and the fire rate has been increased.
The Status Chance of Primary Fire has been increased to 20%
Critical Hit Chance of Primary Fire is now 10%
The Critical Multiplier is now 2x.
Ammo Requirement is reduced to 2.
Secondary Fire Status chance is now 35%
Critical hit Chance of Secondary is now 25%
Hit detection is now based on the size of the projectile.
Mastery Rank is now 7.

Paracyst

The Paracyst is one of the more spine-tingling weapons in the Arsenal that really runs with the Infested theme.

The damage of the Primary Fire has been increased by 5.
Updated the FX of the projectiles of the Primary Fire.
Increased the range of the Alt-Fire tether to 50 m.
The Status Chance of the Primary and Secondary Fire has been increased to 30%
The Critical Chance of Primary Fire has been increased to 10%
Mastery Rank is now 5. 

Mutalist Quanta

One of the more abstract Weapons that uses the Alt-Fire mechanic, the Mutalist Quanta has confused people since launch.

The Mutalist Quanta is getting more of a mechanic change rather than just stats.
It will have its Alt-Fire stack similar to the Simulor to make a large Infested Orb that you can shoot through for additional stats.

Buzlok

The Buzlok and its homing mechanism has been used for many creative moments - but ultimately this weapon has been overlooked.

The Ammo Requirement for the Secondary Homing has been reduced to 2.
Physical Damage distribution has been adjusted to 50% Impact, 40% Puncture, and 10% Slash.
Damage has been increased to 60 from 45.
Critical Chance increased to 15%
Critical Damage increased to 2.5x
The flight speed of the Homing Beacon has been increased.
The Homing Beacon will now only stick to NPC & Characters.
Critical Chance increased by 50% on targets with Homing Beacon attached to them.
Clip size reduced to 50.
Mastery Rank increased to 9.

Glaxion

The Ice Beam weapon: the Glaxion. Probably one of the most exciting weapons to imagine in combat, yet it has received a cold reception.

Cold Damage has increased to 333 from 250.
The rate at which ammo is consumed has been decreased.
Increased the Accuracy of the Glaxion.
Reduced the range from 30 meters to 24 meters.

Ogris

The Ogris has gone through a visual Upgrade, and now it's time for a stat upgrade. To many, this was their first entry into Launcher weapons - are you willing to give it another look?

The Flight Speed of the projectile has been increased.
The Status Chance has been increased to 35%.
The charge time to fire the Ogirs has been reduced.
The direct Impact damage of the projectile has been decreased to 100.
AoE damage has increased to 600.
AoE range has increased to 6 meters.
Mastery Rank requirement has increased to 8.

Attica

The Attica was the debut entry into Automatic Primary Crossbows! We've revisited it to perhaps bring it back into the spotlight of your Arsenal.

The Weapon Recoil has been reduced.
The Fire Rate has been increased.
The Flight Speed of the bolts has increased.
The Critical Chance has increased to 25%.
The Critical Multiplier has increased to 2x.
The Ammo Capacity has increased to 20.

nerfed items:

Tonkor

The Tonkor's rocket jumping mechanic has long been obsolete since the introduction of bullet jumping, so the Tonkor now deals self-damage like all other launchers.
The Tonkor Grenade trajectory line now appears on holding the fire button (Default Left Mouse), and grenade fires on release.
The grenade needs to travel 6m before arming itself, it will bounce off yourself, other players and AI before then.
The Maximum lifespan of grenade has dropped from 5 to 3 seconds - grenades are quicker to explode
Grenades bounce lower and explode sooner, making them more likely to explode where they are shot.
The Critical Chance has been reduced to 25%.
The Accuracy of the Tonkor has been increased.

Simulor

The Simulor's entry into Arsenals marked one of the more unique moments in Weapon history. It's always been a little weird - stacking orbs together leads to both passive and active death. The stacking itself causes damage and the fully stacked orb can be activated with your 'Alt Fire' button for an additional explosion.

The Status Chance has been increased to 30%.
The amount of Orbs required to make a full stack has decreased - it used to take 5, now it takes 3.
A Critical Chance of 2% has been added.
The AoE Explosion range (based on stack when expires or manual detonation) increased from 0.5-2.8 meters to 1-6 meters.
The Explosion Damage has increased from 50 per orb to 75 (225 at full stack).
On an orb stacking event (when orbs combine), damage range decreased to 1-6 from 3-8
On an orb stacking event, damage decreased from 150-250 to 20-40
The Simulor has had its max Ammo Capacity reduced to 60.

Synoid Simulor

Considering the Simulor was the only Primary Cephalon weapon, it was easy to see a Synoid version entering Arsenals. Like its vanilla counterpart, it's always been a little weird - stacking orbs together leads to both passive and active death. The stacking itself causes damage and the fully stacked orb can be activated with your 'Alt Fire' button for an additional explosion.

The Status Chance increased to 35%
The amount of Orbs required to make a full stack has decreased - it used to take 5, now it takes 4.
A Critical Chance of 5% has been added.
The AoE Explosion range (based on stack when expires or manual detonation) increased from 0.5-2.8 meters to 1-8 meters.
The Explosion Damage has increased from 50 per orb to 75 (300 at full stack).
On an orb stacking event (when orbs combine), damage range decreased to 1-8 from 3-8
On an orb stacking event, damage decreased from 150-250 to 20-50
The Synoid Simulor has had its max Ammo Capacity reduced to 75.

this is a change to a weapon, not listed as a buff/nerf (though might be subjective)

Telos Boltace

The only melee entry on the list is the Telos Boltace.
This weapon is receiving a bit more of a mechanic change rather than a purely numerical change.
The Slide attack will create a vortex that staggers and draws enemies toward you.
The following Slide attack (after a vortex) will radial blast and ragdoll enemies away from you.
This 'back and forth' will be on a cooldown.

sorry for double post

though, can i just say that the euphona prime is just straight-up powerful as all hell? although, i have mods on it, but still, pretty sure with no mods it's still powerful, will test without mods later
like, no joke, it one-shots most enemies (tested from mercury-phobos, as well as in the void sometimes) and it can almost take down the sergeant in 1 shot to the face, leaving him with a little bit of health (like, a sliver), could do another run to see if i can one-shot him by blasting his face point-blank (used primary fire, by the way)
unfortunately, euphona prime suffers from low magazine capacity, and while you have like 40 reserve ammo, i've never run out of reserve ammo on this thing as far as i can remember, and either way pistol ammo drops fairly often

though i think lethal torrent is useless for the multishot (only really use it for the fire rate) and i really only use ice storm for the additional magazine capacity
no formas were added to this though

hoo whee
also, the reason why i try to get high critical chance is because, as far as i know, this thing scores ~4,975 critical damage (assuming it's the yellow numbers, tested on crewman during the sergeant boss run, headshot)
i could try to find a cheaper "kill them all" build (or "one-shot them all"), but if you don't have microscopic vision, the Hornet Strike is around rank 5

(my banshee prime in case you were interested in seeing the (miserable excuse for a) fashionframe/seeing the stats 'n junk to the right)
((yes i spent money on this but it's money well spent >:( ))

also dex weapons are powerful, too

edit:

wow these pistols must be the most advanced weapons in the game, amirite?
they shoot upwards instead of forwards to hit their enemies
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 06:12:59 PM by Blue Screen »

i like ur banshee colorscheme

i like ur banshee colorscheme
thank yoo

also, today the stalker tried to kill me
luckily i lucked out and his ai bugged after he teleported far away
many many bullets later, he's dead
and then i got his dread blueprint
throwing knives when????
although oddly enough i was thinking about the stalker earlier...

i really hate kuva farming, especially kuva floods
i can barely loving see the kuva flying, my teammates always fall over and die because they're focused on the kills
and i need kuva for a riven mod which i've been rerolling

hotfix inbound
according to in-game chat:
"Octavia's Anthem: Hotfix 20.0.5 is coming in 3 minutes. Look at us, another day another 'wrong kind' of challenge. Yesterday we made Syndicate Medallions visible again. Today we put rewards back in Survival. We really wanted to tap into the 'Survival' genre by making the game mode JUST surviving... but turns out there are important stuff in rewards. FIXED!
Fixed an issue with the Limbo Theorem Quest loading you into the wrong mission type.
The Nullifier Bubble Drones can now be dealt Critical Damage! Bubble bursting just got a whole lot more exciting for snipers and bows."
(of course without the " 's)
tl;dr:
-rewards were re-added into survival
-limbo theorem fix
-nullifier bubble drones can be dealt crit damage

EDIT:
the 4th Dex item this year, otherwise known as the Dex Nouchali Syndana, is now out for grabs, you'll receive it upon log-in
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 04:31:33 PM by Blue Screen »

bump
i have a feeling i'm gonna get shot for this because i didn't bump it when the dex syndana came out

New additions were added... yet small. Ivara and Mesa Noggles were added, though I think there's more stuff than just this.
If you're nutty for Noggles then... uh, go nuts.

Ivara Noggle:

Mesa Noggle: